icon

DEI 530T window module problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rcarey 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: August 22, 2006 at 4:15 AM / IP Logged  

I am installing a DEI 530T window module in a 1994 Toyota Celica.  There seems to be a problem.  The factory window switches work fine after installing the module - pushing up causes the windows to go up, down causes the windows to go down.  However, when I arm the alarm, the windows roll down (they should roll up).  When I press the auxillary channel to vent the window they go up (they should go down when I press the accessory button).  What have I done wrong??  I have the orange wire from the 530T connected to the armed negative output of my alarm brain.  I have the RED / white wire connected to the auxillary channel output of my alarm brain.  Please help! 

lsondubz 
Copper - Posts: 193
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 22, 2006 at 12:30 PM / IP Logged  
Check over your wiring and make sure everything is correct. Sounds like the Aux and Ground when armed wires are switched...Try flipping those two and sww what you get.
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: August 22, 2006 at 5:28 PM / IP Logged  
If you have the orange and RED / white wires correct, then you must have switched the window up wires with the window down wires. Even if you have them backwards, the switches on the door will still work the way they are supposed to do. Swapping the orange and RED / white wires would be the quickest fix.   Or else, you can redo all 8 connections you made to the window motor wires.
drew215 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: August 26, 2006 at 1:36 AM / IP Logged  
what guage of wire do you guys use for the power
iskidoo 
Silver - Posts: 1,040
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 27, 2006 at 5:25 PM / IP Logged  
JWorm wrote:
If you have the orange and RED / white wires correct, then you must have switched the window up wires with the window down wires. Even if you have them backwards, the switches on the door will still work the way they are supposed to do. Swapping the orange and RED / white wires would be the quickest fix.   Or else, you can redo all 8 connections you made to the window motor wires.
Or what I would do is swap the pins in the harness itself rather than rewire all of those connections if you infact have them all backwards. Just take 2 at a time (the 2 for a particular window/direction) and swap them. You should be able to use a precision screwdriver to undo each pin from the plastic connector without damaging it. Or you could just rewire it all. I would change the pins to save time but it's your choice.
Steve G

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic