Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
adz1910 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: August 22, 2006 at 2:28 PM / IP Logged  

Heya ppl..

wanting to buy my 1st sub and amp, but problem is theres tonnes to choose from,

i listen to hip hop music but occasionally funky/hard house, so i want something with a nice kick to it but really low end for those bass lines. please help me!

i am obsessed with sound quality but i also do like it loud. (not so much that my windows come out)

my set up at the moment is just a pioneer avh p600cd tv headunit and pioneer door speakers (these will be updated later to components if the cash comes)

my car is a rover 214, yes its a rover but i really dont give a toss, long as the sound system is nice thats all i care about.

was thinking about buying either one of these -

http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/products_id/3590.html

or

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=5405&cadid=ffbe8f880504276275997007ba7abea6 (love the look of the new evo series)

any help is greatly appreciated

thanks guys

adz

aznboi3644 
Gold - Posts: 2,600
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 22, 2006 at 8:40 PM / IP Logged  
I'd stay away from anything Audiobahn...simply put...they suck.
Aruman 
Silver - Posts: 363
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 23, 2006 at 6:44 AM / IP Logged  
i think you should go to some car audio shop and listen for yourself and see what brand sound best to your ears.
Shaking The Neighborhood
adz1910 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 23, 2006 at 10:20 AM / IP Logged  

yeah but wouldnt it be hard to decide with out the subs actually being in my car? the only place i have like that round here is halfords an there just commision doodieheads.  so audiobahn arnt actually that good?

cheers 

adz1910 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 23, 2006 at 10:21 AM / IP Logged  
k forum seems to change swear words to totally embarresing wordswhat subs/amp? -- posted image. lol
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 23, 2006 at 10:42 AM / IP Logged  
At the risk of beating a dead horse:
Audiobahn = CRAPTASTIC what subs/amp? -- posted image. (that word still makes me giggle)
Now, with your budget in mind, (but it can't be in mind if you don't provide us with that little tidbit) we can recommend you some components. Give us an idea of how much you want to spend, and we'll all pitch in!
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
xtremej 
Gold - Posts: 1,440
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 23, 2006 at 10:45 AM / IP Logged  
Can't swear filters pick it up:(. Audiobomb is really cool looking junk. Get a budget figured out and you will get many suggestions.......
adz1910 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 23, 2006 at 11:40 AM / IP Logged  

sorry guys, roughly around £100-£230?

aznboi3644 
Gold - Posts: 2,600
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 23, 2006 at 5:35 PM / IP Logged  
so that much for a sub AND amp?? How much is that American??
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 23, 2006 at 5:55 PM / IP Logged  
189 to 435 US
It's CERTAINLY going to be towards the upper end of those numbers, for anything decent...
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic