icon

Factory Monsoon H/U

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Benji999 
Copper - Posts: 81
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2006 at 4:37 PM / IP Logged  
Quick question about a 2000 Pontiac Sunfire w/ the monsoon head unit. The CD player will recieve cds and you can hear them spinning, however no audio is being produced. The stereo does work on the AM/FM function. What could the problem be and if so would it be cheaper for the customer to have it repaired than putting an aftermarket hu in?? Thanks
Flakman 
Copper - Posts: 365
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2006 at 4:58 PM / IP Logged  

If there were aftermarket components involved, I would say it sounds like the Antenna lead is connected to the amplifier remote turn on wire. But it may just be a bad laser if everything is stock.

Can you change tracks, fast forward, etc? If not, then there is probably an internal issue with the CD Player portion of the deck.

The Flakman
I feel strange. I have deja vu and amnesia at the same time.
John | Manteca, CA
Benji999 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2006 at 5:02 PM / IP Logged  
I believe it is the laser, however the cd will not stay in long it automatically ejects after about 15 seconds, it does not allow me to change tracks or ffw or rev.
Flakman 
Copper - Posts: 365
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2006 at 5:20 PM / IP Logged  

Sounds like your best bet is to get an aftermarket HU.

The Flakman
I feel strange. I have deja vu and amnesia at the same time.
John | Manteca, CA
dfizzle 
Member - Posts: 35
Member spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2006 at 10:15 PM / IP Logged  
There's always the option of finding a replacement radio at a junkyard, but aftermarket is probably still the better move, as long as there aren't any issues with the monsoon setup.  I've run into problems with the stock amp and the  internal aftermarket HU amp confilcting.
Benji999 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 25, 2006 at 9:35 AM / IP Logged  
I was worried that might be the case, is there a specific amp integration harness that I will need?
dfizzle 
Member - Posts: 35
Member spacespace
Posted: August 25, 2006 at 6:48 PM / IP Logged  

No, you won't need any special harness, they don't make one as far as I know.  Sadly, I don't believe they make an amp bypass harness either so you'll just have to take your chances.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic