joevincesequoia 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: August 26, 2006 at 5:34 PM / IP Logged  

hello forum members, I need some comments 

Alpine SPR-17LS Vs. Infinity REF6010CS

alpine $131 vs. infinity $90

kenwood KAC-8402 4 channel amp

I tried them out and it sounds like the infinity sounds better, but that is hard to believe! haha i guess im going senile, or half deaf.

I am debating on components sets. mind you, this is temporary since i will be giving them to my brother. he also loves quality sound, his birthday is coming up and i wanted to give him a gift. i don't want to spend alot of money on him, i would rather spend it on myself. haha.

thanks

Viper 791XV,streetpilot c330,Kenwood 6019,Clarion VMA7194,PS2,Type R Subwoofers
Flakman 
Copper - Posts: 365
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 26, 2006 at 8:03 PM / IP Logged  
IMO components need to be listed to in order to choose. Everybody has their own taste as to what sounds best. More highs, flatter response, it's all subjective. All I can say is listen, listen, listen. Subs tend to be less subjective because you are dealing with a very small frequency range. You can be a little more objective when stating what is better than something else.
The Flakman
I feel strange. I have deja vu and amnesia at the same time.
John | Manteca, CA
joevincesequoia 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 26, 2006 at 10:29 PM / IP Logged  

forget it, i made up my mind. im going to do the infinity , i don't really care what others may think about my brother's system haha. i think they sound better anyway, with all that bass you need some high pitched mid's and high's to balance it out. so that is my decision.

I can't wait to get my focal's !!!!!  (unless there is something better)

Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: August 27, 2006 at 8:37 PM / IP Logged  
I think he means he has alot of sub bass and the infinitys are gonna balance it all out
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
killer sonata 
Silver - Posts: 718
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 27, 2006 at 9:31 PM / IP Logged  
why are you getting infinitys if you are getting focals?????? whats the point? which focals are you getting? Hope you are getting them from an authorized dealer.
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: August 28, 2006 at 1:59 AM / IP Logged  

joevincesequoia wrote:

I am debating on components sets. mind you, this is temporary since i will be giving them to my brother. he also loves quality sound, his birthday is coming up and i wanted to give him a gift. i don't want to spend alot of money on him, i would rather spend it on myself. haha.

That should answer your question

double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
joevincesequoia 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 28, 2006 at 8:09 PM / IP Logged  

infifnity?!?!?........."all that bass"?!?!?!?..................rrriiiiggghhhttt.................

yeah all that booooom in the back. haha 

well with the configuration i have, custom box two 12" type R's ported down to 30hz

my stock components in the front  in my sequoia are not bad, the back doors just suck ass, what ever it is back there ( i never cared to look), I want to put components in the front AND the rear

focal access 165 A1....... those are the only one's that i have heard and they are phenomenal !!!!

Installer_mss 
Copper - Posts: 221
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 29, 2006 at 11:31 PM / IP Logged  
i have focals (the $600 pair) and they sound great.  speakers are all a matter of opinion and the actual car they are going in.  in my opinion alpine is way too overrated.  infinity spanks alpine any day IMO.  infinity is known for sound quality, but they are more geared toward higher mids than alpine...but you have subs to take care of that.
"If a man made it, another can modify it...it just takes some thinking."
"If you ask questions, you're a fool for 5 minutes; if you don't, you're a fool for a lifetime."
killer sonata 
Silver - Posts: 718
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 30, 2006 at 9:08 AM / IP Logged  
joevincesequoia wrote:

focal access 165 A1....... those are the only one's that i have heard and they are phenomenal !!!!

Its funny how the access series sounds better than all the other popular choices. But when you compare the access to the other focal series they suck balls. lol.

installer_mss wrote:

i have focals (the $600 pair) and they sound great

There are a few different focal speakers you can get for $600. which ones did you get?

Personally, I have the polyglass 3-way components and the KF 2-way components in my front doors. Absolutely awesome setup. Hopefully by next year I will have a pair of the polyglass 11" subs

Installer_mss 
Copper - Posts: 221
Posted: August 30, 2006 at 11:18 PM / IP Logged  
i got the kevlar series.  they are yellow with black surround.  they are awesome
"If a man made it, another can modify it...it just takes some thinking."
"If you ask questions, you're a fool for 5 minutes; if you don't, you're a fool for a lifetime."
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic