Mondeo/Contour remote central locking

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Mm3stb 
Copper - Posts: 53
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 28, 2006 at 6:11 AM / IP Logged  

Hi,

I have a 1996 ford Mondoe (UK) and im having some trouble locating the correct wires (car side) which i should connet the alarms central locking wires to?

Can anyone help as this is driving me crazy as the factory alarm and the clifford alarm dont like working together. i would like to just be able to use the clifford aarma nd forget about the factory one.

The Clifford alarm is a concept 100.

On a second note sometime my keyfob doesnt work and i have to disable my alarm via the valet switch. Any ideas???

Many Thanks

Richard

KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 28, 2006 at 11:26 AM / IP Logged  
 POWER LOCK WHITE/ GREEN (TYPE A)  HIGH in DRIVERS KICK PANEL   
 POWER UNLOCK YELLOW /GREEN (TYPE A)  HIGH in DRIVERS KICK PANEL

POS(+) trigger

In the states, this car does NOT have factory security!

Mm3stb 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 28, 2006 at 12:00 PM / IP Logged  

Thank you for your reply.

Do these wires go back to Central locking module? When you say drivers do you me Left or Right as over here in the uk we have right hand drive cars?

What do you mean by TYPE A?

Thanks again, very much appreciated!!!!!!

Richard

Mm3stb 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 28, 2006 at 12:17 PM / IP Logged  

Ive had a try at this before,

I found this page on this site with the wiring points https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/detail.asp?info=alarm&year=1996-97&make=Ford&model=Contour&ID=17753&type=Alarm But when i connect the wires to the described locations it blows a fuse. it seems that the wires describes are negitive while not in use and positive when locking and unlocking so when the alarm tries to lock or unlock it just pops the alarm fuse.

I will have a look again tomorrow as it's getting dark outside

Richard

KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 28, 2006 at 6:47 PM / IP Logged  

They are 5 wire then.

Mondeo/Contour remote central locking -- posted image.
Wire them like so. When you cut the wire the side labeled switch will still show action on your meter when you hit the switch...the other half of the wire will do NOTHING. Thats funny about the drivers side ....these wires should be in BOTH kicks.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic