icon

relay for trunk pop

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
damb 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: August 28, 2006 at 6:55 AM / IP Logged  

ok guys heres one for you. My 06 civic didn't come with a trunk pop so I wanted one to work with my factory key fob. So what I did was my car would unlock the drivers door with one push and unlock the pasenger door with two pushes. So I spiced the wire so that the aftermarket trunk pop would activate one the second push, but now the trunk will open with the insdie locks as well. So this is my situation 

both wires that activate the door lactch and trunk pop have a + voltage, when the key fob is pused twice, and when the door switch is used

the lock switches have a + voltage when deactivated and drop down to 0 when pushed thus a - voltage

so what i did was convert the voltage from th door switch to a + output

+ output from the door switch to 86 of a second relay 85 to ground 30 to the trunk pop + output that activates the trunk pop to 30 and 87a to the + of the trunk pop.

but the trunk still opens using the the door switch. It seam that the + output from the door switch is not getting to the relay fast enough.

Please any help would be greatful, I'm sure there is a soulution to this howvere I'm a noobie to these relay and automotive wiring.

Please be gental.

swamprat323 
Gold - Posts: 1,335
Gold spacespace
Posted: August 29, 2006 at 12:01 AM / IP Logged  
why dotn u just add an alarm or keyless entry and do it right the first time. and even add a remote start while u r at it
damb 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: August 29, 2006 at 10:44 AM / IP Logged  
because my keyless is intergated in the key so I don't want seprate keyless entry. I
swamprat323 
Gold - Posts: 1,335
Gold spacespace
Posted: August 31, 2006 at 12:52 AM / IP Logged  
i dont think that can be done, not with a lot of rewiring. the honda shold coem with 3 keys, 2 with remotes and a valet key. im not sure on your model but do honda ALL coem with anti theft, you have no power trunk, so you may not have that. if so jsut make your own key and and a new system, or jsu thave the dealer make a valety key, the 2006 CRV has 3 keys 1 that is valet has no remote just a key.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic