icon

PK2 locked up

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
leasnit 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: August 29, 2006 at 1:38 PM / IP Logged  
workin on a 99 s10, my buddy tried to bypass the pk2 with no success for 2 hours, and managed to lock up the system.. I came over n bypassed it with a resistor but didnt notice he already locked it.. I put it back to stock, I turned the key fwd for 15 minutes, no such luck.. the security light isnt flashing like normal tho its stayin solid.. any ideas? thanks in advance....
thepencil 
Gold - Posts: 1,526
Gold spacespace
Posted: August 29, 2006 at 2:26 PM / IP Logged  
I only had to do this once in my career and it was 30 Minute of nervous wait on a cold cold day with two coffee. Not the quick 15 minute. Make sure you turn to Ignition.
Good luck.
Be careful whose advice you buy, but be patient with those who supply it.PK2 locked up -- posted image.
xtremej 
Gold - Posts: 1,440
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 29, 2006 at 2:31 PM / IP Logged  

Try it longer I ahven't seen one come out of lock in 15m, try 30 like the pencil said. I would also suggest putting a battery charger on it.

leasnit 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 29, 2006 at 5:17 PM / IP Logged  
Didnt work ... tried 30 ... tried 60 ... damn thing will NOT come out...
customak47 
Copper - Posts: 164
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 29, 2006 at 7:32 PM / IP Logged  
I had one locked up on an impala and i had to pull the pcm fuse under the hood ( ibelieve there was one in the ipc too) with the ignition on and wait a minute, then I put it back in and the security light flashed. reset it like normal and worked good from there. Make sure the headlights arent on when you are waiting the 15 minute reset so the battery doesn't die.
My rifle is my friend...
thepencil 
Gold - Posts: 1,526
Gold spacespace
Posted: August 29, 2006 at 7:36 PM / IP Logged  
Check your fuse box on the vehicle. Inside, Outside, Under, Over, Upside Down, and where ever you may think might be hiding a fuse. Take your time when you are TESTING making sure each of the fuse are all working. If everything is fine in the fuse box, you are basically down to a wing on a prayer. However, before your last stop the dealership, pull battery plug out for a resetting. You got nothing to lose since you haven't got any scan tool to make your own diagnostic conclusion. Check all your wiring and ensure the stock Passlock II is put back together correctly. Take another 30 minutes coffee break and hopefully it will fire up this time.   
Be careful whose advice you buy, but be patient with those who supply it.PK2 locked up -- posted image.
black cavy 
Copper - Posts: 78
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 29, 2006 at 7:51 PM / IP Logged  

Now i haven't had this happen yet as i usally get the code the first time,but what if you just disconnect the battery so the circiut is broken for like 40 mins to see if that resets it.

also is his wireing right,hate to get it unlocked and it do it again

nipplz 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: August 29, 2006 at 10:41 PM / IP Logged  
if when you tested the resistance and the r-code wire was already cut you will get an improper resistance.  hook up all the wires to their original places. check the pk fuse. then allow the vehicle to set for the required 15 minutes
only cut and test the r-code wire after the vehicle is started
leasnit 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 30, 2006 at 1:10 AM / IP Logged  
Yeah i did test after it was locked up, cause I didnt know they locked it up... everything is back to stock right now, im gonna try some of these other things.. thanks guys, i'll let ya know how it goes... never had one lock like this before.. I dont even wanna know what they were doing under the dash..

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic