icon

2006 Mercury Milan & IHF1000

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
AccentShow 
Copper - Posts: 77
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 30, 2006 at 6:56 AM / IP Logged  
Just bought a 2006 Mercury Milan with Factory 6 disc cd changer. Looking at adding IHF1000, I've been told they are easy to install I used to work at Best Buy and they sell them with install but I don't want someone else working on my new car. But I do have 2 questions...
1. Will Everything I need come in the kit for the system and to hook it up to mute the radio and everything? I read another post from somebody with a 06 F250 and they needed another harness.
2. Any other discounters other than Ebay, everywhere I'm finding requires installation setup from a professional installer before they will sell it to you, I am a MECP Bronze installer.
AccentShow 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 02, 2006 at 8:36 AM / IP Logged  
Anyone?
AccentShow 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 15, 2006 at 8:35 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks to Customautomotiv for helping find the right company.
For anyone doing a setup like this in this car...
I have the 2006 Mercury Milan, 6 Disc Non-Audiophile System, with MP3 and now the Motorola IHF1000
From Peripheral you need part #PXFDHF Harness
No cutting and crimping needed if your motorola Harness has a Z02 harness, if it has Z01 (like most do) here are your wiring connections. This will put the ford radio into phone mode, and play the sound through the speaker system.
After cutting off the White 8 Pin connection harness..
Red - Ignition Sense
Black - Ground
Purple - Entertainment/Mute
Blue - Low Level Input
Orange - Low Level Input
Yellow - Constant
On the Z01 Harness match up the Blue to Blue and Orange to Orange and sound will play through. I have my volume set at 14 which is what seems to provide the best sound. Hope this helps someone.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic