icon

What would be a good amp?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
chevyrida 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: September 01, 2006 at 3:55 PM / IP Logged  
 Well I'm lookin at buyin myself 2 15in L7 subs now I just need to find a good amp to power them with is there any amp that can do the job for about 400. I was lookin at the Hifonics BXi 20006D but I ain't to sure hopefully I can get some opinions from u guys, now I'm willing to go past $400 I'm just hoping to stay in that price range,cuz I'm gonna have to do some upgrades on my cars electrical system as well.
kfr01 
Gold - Posts: 2,121
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 01, 2006 at 4:00 PM / IP Logged  
chevyrida wrote:
I'm gonna have to do some upgrades on my cars electrical system as well.
How do you know you need electrical system upgrades?
How many watts are you aiming for?
First brand I'd look at in amps right now is Eclipse.
New Project: 2003 Pathfinder
chevyrida 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 01, 2006 at 5:04 PM / IP Logged  

I was pretty sure I wouldn't be able to with four hundred but I can dream right, I'm willing to go past that though I figure that hifonics is about 20% off from what I've heard other people say after they get there amps bench tested so it might be pumpin out 1600 maybe even 1700 watts rms at 1 ohm. 20%(damn maxxonics) off ain't too bad a number when some low end amps are up to 80% off I figure I'm gonna have to upgrade my electrical system because with the Lanzar amp that I have now my headlights dim hard when my subs hit. Its probably just because of the low grade construction of that amp but I'd like to have a little room for any outside variables. I won't upgrade till I see how my new system performs of course, whenever I figure out what amp to get I figured I'd b safe going with Hifonics because they are the #1 budget brand amps IMHO, but if I could find an amp that says 2000 rms and put out 2000 rms or at least with just a 5-10% margin of Bull of the true power that would probably be a good way to go depending on the price. 1984 chevrolet Impala stock alternator no big three upgrade and a titanium battery that I got out of my dads pick up. sonicelectrnix.com has some of the best online prices some of there poducts even are available with a manufacturers warranty and they deliver on time if not sooner using UPS just wanted to throw that in there cuz that Hifonics amp I'm lookin at is about 350 on there before shippin of course. 

Flakman 
Copper - Posts: 365
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 01, 2006 at 5:17 PM / IP Logged  
rida: You can probably get away with just upgrading the "Big 3" and be okay. I like Eclipse, they will put out some serious power...but if you're strapped on funds, that brand won't do you much good. 
The Flakman
I feel strange. I have deja vu and amnesia at the same time.
John | Manteca, CA
chevyrida 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 01, 2006 at 5:45 PM / IP Logged  
sooooo I guess I'll look into eclipse ampsI know they make good stuff and I know there pretty pricey but if its not too much I might have to buy it. I mean if I spend 350 on an ok amp why not spend a little more to get higher quality. I figure I'll look at kicker, earthquake, maybe a couple of other brands but I wanna try not to go overboard maybe I should look at 15in L5s with that brutus amp not like I'm tring to do competitions, and I'll still be loud enough to hurt anybody feelings who pulls up next to me around here. No cuz then I'll wonder what those L7s could do and it ain't to big of a price difference between 15inch L5s and L7s maybe 80. Thanks for the help everyone keep the opinions rollin in.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic