Clifford Ig750 proxy sensor

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
eireal 
Member - Posts: 48
Member spacespace
Posted: September 02, 2006 at 9:48 AM / IP Logged  

Hi Guys

i purchased an aftermarket proxy/microwave sensor for my alarm but its connection plug is different to the one on my intelligaurd 750 SO im looking for some pointers on hard wiring.

The diagram thats with the sensor says red to 12+,black to ground - both are fine obviously.

I then have a Blue which says "connect to instand trigger aux input of alarm and Green which says " connect to warning trigger aux input of alarm"

What wires to i need to attach the blue and green to on my alarm itself?

Thanks

E

eireal 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 02, 2006 at 10:27 AM / IP Logged  
Forgot to mention theres a sticker on the rear of the sensor saying DO NOT use shock sensor loom
bsd1 
Copper - Posts: 62
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 03, 2006 at 5:33 AM / IP Logged  
Tap both blue and green wires of your aftermarket sensor to one of the unused blue wires. If your audio sensor is currently using zone 8, then new sensor will be using zone 3.
Your alarm will recognize which is warn away and instant trigger because your shock sensor takes multiplex inputs.
eireal 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 03, 2006 at 10:19 AM / IP Logged  

I tired the above into an unused blue and the alarm is giving no warn away or setting off the siren.

The proxy unit is detecting the movement as far as i can tell from its onboard led but there doesnt seem to be anything outputting from the alarm

bsd1 
Copper - Posts: 62
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 06, 2006 at 2:10 AM / IP Logged  
I'd connect the blue wire of your sensor to one of the instant trigger inputs of your brain for testing.
scirocco16v 
Copper - Posts: 112
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 06, 2006 at 3:44 PM / IP Logged  
The only blue wire you could use would be the one on the plug that the glass sensor hooks up to and that will only work if it a dei sensor.  because the duration of the pulses is what tells the alarm to either warn or full trigger.  You be much better off trying to locate a clifford sensor which will plug directly into that alarm.  They are flawless when it comes to falsing and you can adjust it through the remote

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic