icon

95 stratus oem alarm won't stop

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
andresinibus 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: September 03, 2006 at 6:38 PM / IP Logged  
How exactly do you disarm the oem alarm on a 95 stratus please be specific on locations any help will be apreciated cuz car its driving me crazy and i need it for work
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 03, 2006 at 6:52 PM / IP Logged  
Have you tried to unlock either front door with the key? This normally disarms the factory alarm when a keyfob is not available.
For a little more details on how to disarm the system DEI lists this "DODGE, STRATUS, 1995, Factory Alarm Arm Lt. GREEN/ orange from drivers door or dk. GREEN/ orange from passenger or catch either at BCM located behind right side dash. Use a positive (+) trigger thru a 940 ohm resistor to arm, and a positive (+) trigger thru a 470 ohm resistor to disarm. Must use relays."
Hope this helps.
andresinibus 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 06, 2006 at 11:19 PM / IP Logged  
ok i got tired of this car i runned a 470 ohm current trough every single l GREEN/ orange wire i found underneath the dashboard. coming from the doors there is none (l GREEN/ orange) there is a dark GREEN/ orange on both doors but thats for the locking motor. i went to the dealer today and they are telling me that there is no OEM alarm in my car just keyless entry. if its an after market alarm where could they have hiden the brain because its not in the driver side. help please.
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 07, 2006 at 7:26 AM / IP Logged  
Exactly what is happening when you have the problem?
Horn sounding? Or is it a siren rather than the factory horn? Lights flashing? Parking lights or headlights?
Any signs of anything aftermarket installed, like a red LED drilled into the dash, or toggle or pushbutton switches under the dash?
Have you also tried disconnecting the battery for a couple of minutes, and then re-connecting it?
By the way, connecting stuff at random to the car's wiring is just asking for trouble.
The proper method is to first test the wire with a multimemter or even a test light if you have to, then after you're sure it's the right one, make your connections.
andresinibus 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 08, 2006 at 2:53 AM / IP Logged  
this is exactly what happened and what keeps happening i took out the blower resistor to replace it locked the car went to the dealer came back started the car (or tryied to) the car started but it died right away the head lights stay blinking the horn stays honking, and the engine turns over but it wount start. (wierd since its usually the starter that gets cut out by the alarms) i tryed the locking unlocking of the doors, disconecting the battery usually leave it disconected over night next day same thing. no sign of after market alarm no red light no switch not even a brain and i already dissambled the hole dash board (fixed my tach on the way) and nothing Dodge says there is only a factory keyless entry installed in my car but no OEM alarm and i know abouth connecting wires, i only do the l green orange ones i see. its just im so desperated and going crazzzy.
black cavy 
Copper - Posts: 78
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 08, 2006 at 11:04 AM / IP Logged  

What model isit

im going to do a serch and see wht i can find

may i ask where the factory key fab is,i mean it sounds like its gone unprogramed

cooooldman 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: September 10, 2006 at 12:29 AM / IP Logged  

Have you made sure your battery isnt dead, also check all your fuses just to make sure your getting ignition voltage.even the ones under the hood.

oldschool in ky.

andresinibus 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 10, 2006 at 4:41 PM / IP Logged  
i checked all fuses they are good bsttery aint dead it still turns the engine it wount start but it turns it. and its a 95 dodge stratus 2.4L auto. thanks guys
andresinibus 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 25, 2006 at 1:44 AM / IP Logged  
I took out the BCU today and there is a VTD (vheicle theft deterent) system on it any ideas how to dissarm this SOB there is got to be a way right   :waah: right or if anybody has accses to alldata i will really apreciate the diagrams for the keyless entry and VTD or alarm. 95 dodge stratus L4 2.4 litters automatic Thanks everyone.
new battery btw.
andresinibus 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 25, 2006 at 1:45 AM / IP Logged  
BTW what can activate the VTD system

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic