icon

cliffnet g5 pro for g4 sytem?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
GReddyboy 
Member - Posts: 48
Member spacespace
Posted: September 03, 2006 at 8:16 PM / IP Logged  
anyone know if the cliffnet g5 wizard pro programmer would work for the g4 system such as the intelliguard 7000? Another question is, would I be able to use the programmer to add new remotes, because my current valet switch circuit is fried, or not working. thanks
Raymond4646 
Copper - Posts: 121
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 03, 2006 at 9:10 PM / IP Logged  
If not mistaken, the cable is the same for either generation.  The only difference is the software.  Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
GReddyboy 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 06, 2006 at 4:16 AM / IP Logged  
anyone?
scirocco16v 
Copper - Posts: 112
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 06, 2006 at 7:03 PM / IP Logged  
Yes it should work, and you can add remotes with it
GReddyboy 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 07, 2006 at 1:44 AM / IP Logged  
cool, but one more question will the g5 remote work as well, the one that has the blue led.. thanks
scirocco16v 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 07, 2006 at 4:23 PM / IP Logged  
Sure will
GReddyboy 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 07, 2006 at 9:03 PM / IP Logged  
thanks scirocco16v; do u work at a autosound shop? Seem like you know your stuff about the notorious clifford products except bleh matrix.
Anyways do you know any other brand alarm thats even close to the clifford that has dual starter and ignition ultra security normally open kill circuit? The closet I found was the crimestopper securcar series that has one programmable normally open starter circuit. Others don't even compare in the security area such as the "dei" made alarms that only come with normally closed starter circuit.
   I just dont know what other alternatives will i go with other then those two brands,because of its security feature.I did installed acouple of cliffords and the crimestopper securecar, so i know what they are capable of. btw i dont work for any audio shop, but One of my friend use to work at one, which introduced me to the high end clifford products before they were bought out by dei...
scirocco16v 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 07, 2006 at 10:12 PM / IP Logged  
 There are no other brands that can even be compared to real cliffords.  I installed cliffords for seven years and  will never have a vehicle without one.  A little harder to install but if done right will perform flawlessly for many years.  Just so you know the g5 retained alot of cliffords high end security features and took away some of the high end convenience features.  HOwever, I will take clifford old wiring colors and looms anyday.  Who wants ten different plugs coming from every different side of the module.  Not me.  As long as you stay with g5 and forget that matrix even exists YOu are still getting what is left of Clifford Electronics
GReddyboy 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 08, 2006 at 3:59 AM / IP Logged  
what exactly is different compared with the g4 and the g5 convience feature? I can't think of any, i know the g5 still has smartwindows and intellistart right?
I read somewhere that the g5 has a switch where u can flip to turn the starter/ignition kill back to normally-close configuration. How hard is it the flip this switch, couldn't someone who know about cliffords do just that and bypass it? Shame that they had to change the wire configuration to dei specs...and sucks that clifford didn't have much demand either because the price is high i believe therefore causing them to be bought out, but thats good in a way too more undergroundcliffnet g5 pro for g4 sytem? - Last Post -- posted image.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic