icon

2000 Cavalier Coupe, Viper 791XV

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rekon 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: September 08, 2006 at 2:59 PM / IP Logged  
No my car has no power windows or doors. I ran a few extra wires in my doors and a wire to my trunk so when I end up buying the kits I have the wires already ready to go.
I got my Passlock bypass today and I have a few more questions. My car is a 2000 Cavalier 2 door coupe, so that is PassLock I right? In this book that came with the bypass it lists Cavalier's 96 - 99 under Passlock I and nothing at all about Cavaliers anywhere else. I suppose it probably don't matter as the wiring diagram shows its for Passlock I and II.
Heres my simple diagram for my bypass:
Bypass -> Wire on car
White -> Passlock Keyside
Brown -> Vehicle Bulb Test Wire (*Passlock I only*)
Black -> Ground
Orange -> Passlock Computer Side
Gray -> Passlock Ground
Violet -> Negative Trigger Input
Blue -> To Vehicles Ignition
Yellow-> To Vehicles Start Wire (*Passlock I only*)
Green -> Vehicles second ignition wire
Red - 12V Constant
My problem is the wires that say Passlock I only because I am unsure if my car is indeed Passlock I or II. I am also unsure about the negative input wire. Is that a wire from my remote start to the bypass it make it active? And finally the green wire because I don't believe my car has a 2nd ignition, so I may not need that wire at all.
Thanks for taking the time to help me with this, I really appreciate it. This is my first alarm install and I'm close to being done, just have to make these last connections.
Thanks!
rekon 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 08, 2006 at 3:36 PM / IP Logged  
Sorry for double posting, can't find an edit button anywhere. In the bypass instructions it says to hook the bulb test wire into a black wire thats in the same connector as the ignition wire in the ignition switch. I don't see this black wire so I am banking on having a passlock II system?
extreme1 
Silver - Posts: 1,070
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 09, 2006 at 12:30 AM / IP Logged  
rekon wrote:
Sorry for double posting, can't find an edit button anywhere. In the bypass instructions it says to hook the bulb test wire into a black wire thats in the same connector as the ignition wire in the ignition switch. I don't see this black wire so I am banking on having a passlock II system?
Passlock 2
Shaughn Murley
Install Manager, Dealer Services
Visions Electronics
Red Deer, Alberta
rekon 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 10, 2006 at 9:54 PM / IP Logged  
Well everything is installed and works perfectly. The alarm learned the tach within a few seconds. Thanks for all of the help.
Do they make protective cases for these 2way lcd transmitters?
rekon 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 11, 2006 at 1:01 AM / IP Logged  
Sorry for double posting again but after playing with my new toy 2000 Cavalier Coupe, Viper 791XV - Page 2 -- posted image. I noticed that when I enter programming mode on the LCD remote to change features like Beep/Vibrate, Illumination, Page Mode... I found when I push the AUX button and the Trunk, Hood & Trunk, or just the Hood illuminates on the pager. I was curious as to what this changes with the alarm or remote, or does it do anything at all? I can't find any documentation on its function.
Thanks for your knowledge.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic