icon

1998 Chrysler Town Country Radio Replace

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Kcautosound 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: September 05, 2006 at 11:24 PM / IP Logged  
Hey guys. Been quite some time since I have touched a Town and Country with the Infinity system. Radio is bad so the dealership said replace it all.
From what I have found is that the dash takes 5.25 speakers, doors are 5x7, 6x9 for rear. Is this correct?
Does this van have amplifiers on each speaker like the older infinity systems?
Kcautosound 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: September 07, 2006 at 2:25 AM / IP Logged  
well I worked on it today for the dealer. 5.25 up front, 5x7 in the doors and 6x9 in the rear. The doors and rear have an amplifier that rides on the speaker magnet while the fronts either get power from the radio or they have an amp hidden somewhere. Pretty cool. The speaker wires from the radio are in the plugs for each speaker along with the amp wires. I just found the speaker wires at the radio harness and used them at the speaker plug. Worked great. Everything was going smooth. I installed a JVC head unit and some Pyle speakers in the dash, matching ones in the doors and then found out the 6x9 magnets were too big to fit the rear. Gotta get some new ones tomarrow with a smaller magnet but not a big deal.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic