need some advice here, car alarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
_blade_ 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: September 06, 2006 at 12:00 PM / IP Logged  

hi ppl!

was reffered to this site by a friend and was hoping id be able to gather some help on installing my car alarm. i know the ins and outs of my car so il be sweet with finding the wires i need to locate but before i do i just need to work out some of the info on this install paper as im not up to scratch with the relay diagram and few other things.. install diagram provided below so u can follow me up! Nice site here ive done a bit of research but my head isnt up to speed with relays so hope someone can simplify things!

It's a highlight auto 888 car alarm btw.

il shoot away!

1) Foot brake - is this a necessity to wire up to my foot brake as i do know only car alarms with remote start only use this feaure, my car alarm doesnt have remote start so would it be necessary to connect this up what other benefits would it have??

2) there is a door negative trigger and positive. My car only uses a negative. is the positive just an extra option if you want to use it? will the alarm with if only hooked to the negative trigger for doors? maybe i can use the positive one for the boot as my boot uses positive.??
3) Direction lights wil each of these wires go to my indicators? To the positive signals of left and the right?
4) What is the Release trunk wire for exactly? where does it go
6) The relay wiring diagrams are hard to read can someone please just simplify it a little bit easier? Do i cut the fuel injection wire and connect one end to wire 87a and the other to 30? and then does 85 go to 12v ignition?

5) In the relay wiring diagrams in the paper it doesnt show where wier 87 goes although there is a wire 87 in the relay. Is it just left unused?

need some advice here, car alarm -- posted image.

need some advice here, car alarm -- posted image.

Thanks alot hope someone can give me some help!!!!! Cheers

Preyhunter 
Member - Posts: 34
Member spacespace
Posted: September 06, 2006 at 1:35 PM / IP Logged  

I'll try to help...

1.  Are you sure that the foot brake input on this alarm is for remote start only?  Could it be a trigger for the alarm?  If it is used only for remote start, you will not need to use it.

2. Seems you could use the positive door trigger for your "boot" so that opening the trunk while armed would set off the alarm.

3. Yes

4. The trunk release, or "boot release" would be for remote opening of the trunklid.  If your car is equipped with a remote trunk release, you could connect this wire and use the remote to open the trunk.  If your car is not equipped, you could add a trunk release actuator to the trunk lock and connect this wire and a relay to open the trunk with the remote.  If you don't want anything to do with opening the trunk remotely, don't use this wire.

5 and 6. I'm not ENTIRELY sure on the relays, but from the looks of it, you would wire like this...86 to Key On, 85 to ground, cut fuel pump wire with one end to 87 and the other to 30.  This is how I see it, 30 and 87a have continuity when the coil is not energized.  30 and 87 have continuity when the coil is energized.  What you want is for the coil to be energized (fuel pump active) when the key is in the "ON" position.  You will not use 87a because you do not want continuity while the coil is not energized.  If this is wrong, maybe someone will step in and correct.

Off the subject, but what is the symbol used on the RED / black and two brown wires, pulse?  Seems logical.

_blade_ 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: September 07, 2006 at 12:01 AM / IP Logged  

Thanks alot for the help mate much appreciated!

I am not too sure about that symbol i was often curious myself. I hope someone would know. THanks again that was great help. Now i know whats what!

Cheers

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic