icon

2006 Honda Accord, remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
c2deez 
Copper - Posts: 71
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 06, 2006 at 6:32 PM / IP Logged  
I am installing an add-on remote start to a 2006 Honda Accord, does anyone know where the factory keyless entry module is? I need to bypass the ignition input so that the keyless will work once the vehicle starts, Thanks.
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: September 06, 2006 at 6:40 PM / IP Logged  
Not possible. Its built into the fuse box.
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 06, 2006 at 10:40 PM / IP Logged  
Actually, according to the diagrams I've read, the factory keyless is part of the driver's door module....which is the power window switch.
The window switch communicates (via databus) with the MICU (Multiplex Integrated Control Unit---aka fuse box).....and that fuse box controls the locks.
At any rate, getting the factory keyless to work with the engine running does not appear possible. Better to put an aftermarket unit with start, locks, and trunk.
escustomz 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: September 07, 2006 at 1:02 PM / IP Logged  
just for quick reference is adding a clifford matrix 3.5 or viper 791 compatible with the Honda Accord 06+ up ? would there be any other problems adding those system to the car? given the new platform of factory immbolizer in the vehicle would I run into any other potential problems? has anyone installed one of those in that car?
For NorCal Installations I specialize in protecting the Import cars in our area since they are the most jacked. Email me if you need something customized for your car. kill switches and all
tbone587 
Copper - Posts: 167
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 07, 2006 at 2:51 PM / IP Logged  
There should be no problem installing those systems in the 06 and up accords..  You will need the dei 556hw unit if you are doing a remote start thugh.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic