icon

R/S in 2006 Hyundai Azera

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
wrxsti161 
Copper - Posts: 62
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 07, 2006 at 6:29 AM / IP Logged  

Attempted to install a viper 160xv into a 06 hyundai azera. Had no problems finding all wires. Lock/unlock was a piece of cake.  When it was all done, had some issues with remote start.  I goto remote start it and it immediately starts cranking the car. Usually there is that wait period where the relay pack is clicking over. As soon as i press the star button twice the car immediately starts cranking, and it keeps on cranking not starting the car. any clue as to what might cause this? I switched out the viper 160 brain, and the relay pack thinking that was part of the problem, and that did nothing.  i'm using 556UW for by-pass. I dont think thats the issue though. I verified all ignition harness connections.  Speaking of which the ignition harness was an extreme pain in the rear to access.  Any suggestions would be appreciated. 

DAVID

David
MECP Basic Installer Certification
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 07, 2006 at 7:16 AM / IP Logged  
I'm actually surprised you got the locks working, as the tech information on those cars is incorrect for the locks.
But anyway, how did you verify that the ignition wires are connected correctly? By looking, or testing?
Touch your tester to the pins on the relay pack itself, and verify that each color is doing what it is supposed to be doing.
wrxsti161 
Copper - Posts: 62
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 07, 2006 at 9:11 AM / IP Logged  

thanks. i figured it out. the ribbon cable coming from 160 to the relay pack was bad.  I prob. pinched it somewhere, but regardless i got it working. as far as the locks i had no problems with it.  I used the BROWN / orange, and pink.  They didnt seem to be doing anything crazy.  What wires should I have used???? im sure it will come back if those wire colors are not correct.  Like i said they seemed to be working fine. 

Also, as I was wrapping up the job i did notice that the damn parking lights were only flashing when i locked the vehicle. they did not flash when i unlocked, or when the vehicle was remote started. I used the yellow (-) wire at the BCM. another wire which was a pain in the rear to access. 

David
MECP Basic Installer Certification

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic