icon

GM's/Chryslers one wire unlock/lock

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
black cavy 
Copper - Posts: 78
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 07, 2006 at 6:56 PM / IP Logged  

I know im going to have to lean this but i would like a heads up so i can know what im walking into.

I know they have modules that do everything but lets say i have a 98 Dodge caravan come in

I wanted to know what Ohm resistors i need for the Dodge caravans,also are they differen't from like 96-2001.

also the G6 what im i looking at to use for this car and did they change from 05 to now

O and do i have to use relays when doing this or can i just T-tap(solder and tape) the resistors in and then take the un/lock from alarm brain and just solder those on the other end.

I would just like to really know what are the common ones are

Thanks for your time

sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: September 07, 2006 at 7:46 PM / IP Logged  
The 98 Caravan is the same for door locks as the 96 model. They didn't change until 2001. The G6 is the same from 05 tp 06. You must use relays to hook up any vehicle that uses resistors to ttigger their locks. If you don't, especially with Chrysler products, the locks won't work at times. The relays provide the resistor with a perfect ground and don't add resistance to the circuit. Transistorized outputs from alarms and such don't give a perfect ground, but they do supply enough of one to trigger a relay.
sparky
bmwpwner 
Copper - Posts: 174
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 08, 2006 at 8:10 PM / IP Logged  

i did a newer Dodge Ram last week and the tech sheet listed 4 values for the lock/unlock. depending on whether or not the vehicle has a factory alarm or not. there are also 2 different wires that can be used. one wire will lock and unlock with 2 of the listed values and the factory arm/disarm wire uses the other 2 values. you must use relays as stated in the last post. usually the alarms come with a resistor pack for all the common values needed in these mulitplexed systems. good luck and hope this helps.

**btw, i think it was a 480 ohm and a 2k ohm resistor for the factory arm/disarm.**

"I cannot teach anybody anything, I can only make them think."
-Socrates-

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic