Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
black cavy 
Copper - Posts: 78
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 07, 2006 at 7:24 PM / IP Logged  

Car 2001 Cavailer

Alarm autopage 855

I want  to beable to get my defrost to turn on in the winter when i remote start it,i know i have to use one of my aux channels unlike the viper 791 that already has this built it.

But what colour wire im i looking for also will it turn of in like 10 mins when you press the button in the car.

sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: September 07, 2006 at 8:02 PM / IP Logged  
The easiest way to do this is to use an aux channel to trigger a relay. You hook the relay to the two contacts that the rear defogger switch activates inside your climate control. You need to disect the control to determine which are the correct contacts. Doinf it this way saves having to use a high current timed circuit to drive the defogger directly. It also is fused correctly and uses the factory's built in timer to shut it off automatically after 10 or so minutes.
sparky
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 07, 2006 at 8:05 PM / IP Logged  

Find a LARGE black wire in the drivers kick...it's POS(+) When testing this wire check to see if it's pulsed, or latched trigger!

This will turn on your rear defrost.

black cavy 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 14, 2006 at 9:59 AM / IP Logged  
KarTuneMan wrote:

Find a LARGE black wire in the drivers kick...it's POS(+) When testing this wire check to see if it's pulsed, or latched trigger!

This will turn on your rear defrost.

isit that the wire for my truck pop

also if i am wrong will this still turn it on for the 10 mins

sparkie 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: September 14, 2006 at 6:14 PM / IP Logged  
Using this wire won't engage the systems built in timer. You would have to use a high current timed relay as this is the wire that feeds the rear grid with power. It changes from purple to black in a plug in the driver's kick panel. If you want the timer to work you need to use a relay to momentarily short the two switch contacts inside the climate controls.
sparky
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 15, 2006 at 12:48 PM / IP Logged  

sparkie wrote:
Using this wire won't engage the systems built in timer. You would have to use a high current timed relay as this is the wire that feeds the rear grid with power. It changes from purple to black in a plug in the driver's kick panel. If you want the timer to work you need to use a relay to momentarily short the two switch contacts inside the climate controls.

Yup, Im stuck in the world of Astroflex, where you can program an aux out for up to 8 min. sorry for the confusion.

sparkie 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: September 15, 2006 at 8:45 PM / IP Logged  
Hey, don't knock it. You at least get to take the easy way out. That's much easier than interfacing with the switch like I always have to do when customers request this feature.
sparky
black cavy 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 16, 2006 at 9:56 PM / IP Logged  

sparkie wrote:
Hey, don't knock it. You at least get to take the easy way out. That's much easier than interfacing with the switch like I always have to do when customers request this feature.

Would you happen to have a diagram as to how the relay needs to be wired and do i need 2

also when you say contacts,do i have to hook into both of them

i really want to try a viper on my next car as it has a defrost wire built right in

o and where in canada are you from

sparkie 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: September 17, 2006 at 7:47 PM / IP Logged  
To wire the relay you need to disect the climate controls first. You need to isolate the two contacts that the switch connects when you press it. Solder wires on the circuit board where possible to connect to these contacts. Run the two wires to a relay and connect them to terminals 87 and 30. Connect the relay coil contacts to either # 85 and #86, to either a switched 12 volt or ground trigger from your unit. The other contact to the opposite. If your unit puts out a ground trigger hook it to #85 and then hook #86 to a fused source of 12 volts battery. I live in South Western Ontario.
sparky

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic