the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

91 Accord, Engine noise

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 10, 2006 at 2:36 PM / IP Logged  

I sold a friend of mine a Planet Audio VX6005, a Pioneer DEHP-6800MP, a dash kit, and some fairly decent stinger twisted audio cables. The car is BONE STOCK...He does the install....acoustical tachometer...BIG TIME. You know, I told him, put the power on this side, put the Audio cables on that side. It's a simple install....for anyone. The assistance I have given so far. Reground the deck, no change. reground the amp, no change. We went from a seat belt bolt (I know 91 Accord, Engine noise -- posted image.) All the paint is gone from the ground locations....all 3 points. I have also tried grounding the RCA, no change. The next thing we will try next week is to run some new audio cables across the seats to see if we can quiet things down. The only way I got things to quiet down, was to adjust the input sensativity, and adjust the gain.....no noise, but no volume. The mids are stock, the sub is a vortex DVC 10. No big 3 either....it's all stock, cept for the intake and the coffee can muffler. Let me hear some ideas guys....

And of course...THANKS !!

forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 10, 2006 at 6:39 PM / IP Logged  

100:1 that it is the cd player.

Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
KarTuneMan 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 10, 2006 at 8:49 PM / IP Logged  
Do the Pioneer players have an inherent noise problem? I have never experienced this. I have been a "Pioneer guy" most of my life....you know, like Chevy vs Ford ?
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 11, 2006 at 12:07 PM / IP Logged  
They sure do......not a new problem either. It is a inherent circuit design flaw.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
hellbass212 
Member - Posts: 26
Member spacespace
Posted: September 11, 2006 at 1:47 PM / IP Logged  
I just bought a new deck because I had the same problem with my pioneer. I've also been told that pioneer has an inherent noise problem. Having experienced it myself; I'll have to say 100:1 it's the deck.
Clarion DXZ665mp,Lanzar 2000D,2 Powerbase Extreme 12",Pioneer 5.25" - TS-C503
JL Audio e4300,Fosgate Power 6x9,5 Farad Cap,2 Optima Yellow,205 Amp Alt
KarTuneMan 
Posted: September 11, 2006 at 5:03 PM / IP Logged  
I got a new JVC on order to replace the pioneer with. Too much info that points to the pioneer deck being the problem....thanks for the input guys. I'll post my results91 Accord, Engine noise -- posted image.
KarTuneMan 
Posted: September 14, 2006 at 10:11 PM / IP Logged  
Replaced the Pioneer DEHP6800MP, with a JVC KDG 820......quiet.......thank you guys.........
xtremej 
Gold - Posts: 1,440
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 15, 2006 at 8:16 AM / IP Logged  
I have been complaining to my rep almost since I opened about this, its freakin' embarrasing when someone drops $300 on a "nice" head unit and  this happens. If that pioneer is new I hoped you returned it. The jvc's are pretty decent, I carrry there line also.
KarTuneMan 
Posted: September 15, 2006 at 12:14 PM / IP Logged  
I actually have the old unit sold, A, NO AMP system, deck power only. NO problem. I'm very disappointed, I have loved the features that pioneer packs into their decks, the looks and all....now it's time to re-think, what will be my new favorite!91 Accord, Engine noise -- posted image.
xtremej 
Gold - Posts: 1,440
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 15, 2006 at 12:39 PM / IP Logged  
Well I heard roadmaster is pretty nice stuff, haha. Ya its a pretty big let down with the pioneer stuff, I have sold it in other stores and its always been a solid line to carry. I think they have become to busy with the walmarts and such to care about the audio enthusiast anymore, as my distributors always say "its all about the numbers". sad sad sad.....
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic