icon

2003 Murano BCM

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
thomasfx10 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: September 13, 2006 at 4:33 PM / IP Logged  

I was reading a post and it states splicing into 14 BCM ... Chris .... I assume that is the same Brown Module in the pic #1?  

See Below:

Lock/arm is 13, disarm/domelight turnon/double-pulse unlock is 14. Does not control windows

Thomas
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 13, 2006 at 5:58 PM / IP Logged  
thomas,
For what purpose are you looking for the domelight wire?
Do you want to use the domelight as a door trigger for the alarm, so the alarm goes off when someone breaks in...........or are you trying to get the domelight to turn ON with unlock?
---FOR DOOR TRIGGER (to set the alarm off), I don't know the color of the domelight wire, and the DEI wiring sheet does not list it.
You could temporarily unfasten the domelight, drop it down a little, make a note of the wire color......and then you can probably find the same-color wire at the BCM, TEST IT (of course), and then use that as the door trigger.
Or, you can use the two separate doorpin wires listed on the sheet............the light blue for the driver's door, the red for the other three doors, and connect them both to the alarm using diodes.
--FOR DOMELIGHT TURN-ON (so that the domelight comes on when you unlock the car)
1. When the car is unlocked using the proper wires, the domelight WILL already come on from the factory, as long as the engine is OFF............this applies regardless of whether you find the correct empty pins at the BCM, or run wires into the driver's door.
2. If you perform the extra labor (with a relay) of connecting the Audiovox's GREEN / WHITE domelight-supervision output, it will add two extra features:
A. the domelight will come on with unlock, EVEN IF the engine is running under remote start, and
B. when the alarm is triggered by a thief, the domelight will flash on and off to attract more attention.
It probably isn't worth the extra effort just for those two little things, but it's up to you.
thomasfx10 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 14, 2006 at 8:16 AM / IP Logged  

Yes,  I want to use the Dome Light for the Door Trigger of the alarm .    I will take your advice and see if I can trace the Dome wire to the BCM.   I am not sure I know how to connect a relay.   Thanks for you help Chris, I really appreciate it.  Thomas

Thomas
Chris Luongo 
Posted: September 14, 2006 at 11:11 PM / IP Logged  
Hey, no problem.
If you decide you wish to connect the domelight supervision feature (in example #2 above), the instructions for wiring the relay are in the Audiovox's installation manual.
thomasfx10 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 18, 2006 at 11:51 AM / IP Logged  

Hey Chris or anyone,  ... Do you know anyone in the Dallas area that would finish this install?    I thought this would not be as hard as it is.   Alarm installs have come along way since I last installed one over 20 years ago.   I ran out of time and patience to install this myself . 

Let this be a warning to anyone who wants to install an Alarm / Remote start.    If you have never done it before I highly suggest to get someone to do it.    I guess I will need to find out who installs the APS997 in the Dallas area and see if they can do it.  Any suggestions please let me know.   Thanks Thomas    

Thomas
Chris Luongo 
Posted: September 18, 2006 at 4:51 PM / IP Logged  
Yes, alarm installs do get harder and harder, especially on the newer cars, and especially if you haven't done it before.
I'm afraid you might have a hard time finding someone to finish the install you've already started.
Most pros don't want to put their name on a job they can't stand behind.....most of us would want to pull everything out, install everything again with fresh (not already cut and shortened) wiring, and then we'll be able to guarantee the job.
You'll also have trouble finding people willing to install a unit they didn't sell, partially because they can't make profit off the product, but also because they are not familiar with it, and it will take longer.
You're wise to look for an Audiovox dealer, as you said. They'll have spare harnesses around, manuals, etcetera.
How close is Rowlett, TX to you? I've been chatting for years online with a fellow named Murph, who works for Best Buy. He seems like the type to do a careful job. And they sold Audiovox for a time, so he'll be familiar with your alarm.
Go to this forum here and look around or search for Murph, and get in touch with him:
http://www.audiogroupforum.com/csforum/forumdisplay.php?f=18
But besides all that, where are you stuck? I mean, if it's just a couple of wires, might as well finish it.
KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Posted: September 18, 2006 at 7:42 PM / IP Logged  

My advice to you would be to try to stick it out and finish it.

In order to do that you'll have to break it up in to smaller sections.  Try getting the alarm installed by itself (power, ground, door pin, parking lights, door lock/unlock). 

Then, upgrade from there (starter kill, remote start, ect).

Unfortunately, door locks are a pain on Nissan vehicles.  Run wires in to the doors, and make sure to seal up door harness after you put holes in it.  After that, the car should be pretty straight forward (alarm wise, at least).

Good luck!

Kevin Pierson
thomasfx10 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 19, 2006 at 8:02 AM / IP Logged  

I found a place, they are charging me $375.00 for the install.   They need to undo what I have done for warrenty reasons .... So I will get a warrenty on the work done which is a big deal to me.   Chris,  I was little more then  half way done with with the install.   I just do not have the time to work on it  I am dropping it off today so they will be working on it while I am at work.    They said it will be an all day job which I can really believe since I had a taste of what it takes!        I really appreciate everyones advice on this site, you all are great.  Thanks! 

Thomas
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic