icon

Dash wood re-coloring

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Markland556 
Copper - Posts: 75
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 12, 2006 at 12:28 AM / IP Logged  
Well i was just watching Unique and they seem to send all their wood out to get smoked or redone in another color. I was wondering if anybody knew of some places that did this. Im just looking for something different than Burl wood in my 89 mercedes.
davedyer79 
Copper - Posts: 178
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 13, 2006 at 2:41 PM / IP Logged  
Yea, give these people a call   http://www.american-stitches.com/amstitches/pages_2/dashkits.htm.  You will have to take the pieces out of your car and send the pieces to them. 
davedyer79
Melted Fabric 
Silver - Posts: 509
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 15, 2006 at 2:57 PM / IP Logged  
Yea, I like that style of layers images on the part, but it they have to receive it, process it, then send it back. I am a time is money person with high-end projects like that.
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
When you do not know what you are doing and what you are doing is the best -- that is inspiration.
davedyer79 
Copper - Posts: 178
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 15, 2006 at 3:54 PM / IP Logged  
That is a great way to do business.  But, if you are doing a lot of work to someone's vehicle (ie custom seats, grills, wheels/tire, stereo) you have plenty of time to do a custom dash like this.  I overnight the pieces, takes a few days MAX, then overnight them back.  Most custom work and high end stereo systems I do take a few days, and this has been an amazing addition to their custom interior.  Also, if it is you own vehicle, like Markland559's Mercedes, than I think you can sacrifice a few days for a custom and unique interior.  Just my 2 cents.      
davedyer79

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic