gmc4x4 
Copper - Posts: 62
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2003 at 11:26 PM / IP Logged  

looking for iwire diagram

Thanks in advance

jrilla 
Gold - Posts: 1,498
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2003 at 6:31 PM / IP Logged  
2002 Mitsubishi Montero Sport
ItemWire ColorPolarityWire Location
12VwhitePositive (+)ignition harness
Starterblk/yel or blk/bluPositive (+)ignition harness
IgnitionBLACK/ whitePositive (+)ignition harness
2nd Ignitionnone
Accessoryblue/redPositive (+)ignition harness
Accessory 2bluePositive (+)ignition harness
Tachometerwht/blk or whitecoil or ignition module [3]
Power Door (Lock)BLACK/ red [1]Negative (-)right rear side of
Power Door (Unlock)BLACK/ blue [1]Negative (-)the fuse box
Door TriggerGREEN/ redNegative (-)top of fuse box [2]
Dome Supervisionnonenonenone
HeadlightsredNegative (-)headlight switch
Parklight PositiveGREEN / WHITEPositive (+)headlight switch
Parklight Negativenone
Wipersblu/red(L),blu/blk(HPositive (+)steering column
Left Front Windowred - greendrivers door switch
(Up/Down)
Right Front WindowRED / blu - blk/yeldrivers switch or kick panel
(Up/Down)
Left Rear WindowRED / wht - grn/whtAdrivers switch or kick panel
(Up/Down)
Right Rear WindowRED / wht - grn/whtAdrivers switch or kick panel
(Up/Down)
Trunk/Hatch Pintied in with door
Hood Pin
Trunk/Hatch Releasenone
Factory Alarm (Arm)blue / YELLOWNegative (-)drivers kick panel
Factory Alarm (Disarm) BLACK/ redNegative (-)drivers kick panel
HorngreenPositive (+)horn or relay underhood
BrakegreenPositive (+)brake switch
Disarm No Unlocknonenonenone
Bitmap
Additional Info:

Some models have an immobilizer system that needs to be bypassed during remote start. [1] Warning! When doing door locks on these trucks make sure you DO NOT cycle the door locks rapidly.This may cause the ETACS module to fail and the door locks will no longer work. Also, you MUST add diode's to the lock and unlock output from our units to prevent damage to the ETACS. Make sure you insert the diode's with the cathode (stripe side) towards our unit. [2] In a 2 pin plug. Also found in the drivers 'A' pillar. [3] On the 2.4L, tach is wht/blk at the coil on the left front of the engine compartment. On the 3.0L and 3.5L it is white at the ignition module next to the coils on the right rear side of the engine compartment under the plastic motor cover. [4] The data link connector is under the driver side dash, near the relay box.

Sorry If you already have the 2002, I cant imagine it is too different from the 2003.

J Rilla
Owner/Installer
gmc4x4 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2003 at 9:31 PM / IP Logged  

hey j rilla your note on the locks has me concerned..what do u mean by cycling the locks? I dont wanna break the thing :)

Also how do i know if it has an immobilizer?

jrilla 
Gold - Posts: 1,498
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2003 at 9:51 PM / IP Logged  

Dont worry about the door locks unless you get a wired twitch like you used to when you were a kid playing with Dad's new power door locks.  No, you should be just fine since all you need to do is probe the target wire to test it.  Probe firmly so that you strike it once and then pull the probe so that you do  not get more then one pulse.  I am sure this is just an extra cautionary measure. 

Two ways to check for an immobilizer:  Look in the manual (I am sure you have one).  Or you can cut a regular key and the car will not start with this key and a green light will flash on the dash.  If you have the immobilizer, you will need a spare key which costs about $40 alone and about $35 to program.  www,bypasskit.com should have a no key required model available by now, but you may have to call them.  I just installed a starter in a 2000 Galant and the Dealer told me it didn't have an immobillizer so when the car got dropped off and I looked at the key I knew it had a transponder in it.  so I looked in the manual and sure enough it did.  The lady was fine with losing a key since the only bypass I had fot it was the universal.  and I had told her already that she would lose a key if it turned out that it did have an immobilizer.  I told her that she could have regular keys cut and then always start her car with the remote and then use the regular key to drive.  and as long as the RS worked and she had a transmitter on her she would be able to get by without making another key for $75.  I just told her to put the programmed key in a safe place in the car in case anything happens. 

J Rilla
Owner/Installer
gmc4x4 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2003 at 10:31 PM / IP Logged  
much appreciated for the info..

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic