icon

00 passat with compustar reservation mode

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Sierra2700 
Copper - Posts: 117
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 15, 2006 at 3:22 PM / IP Logged  

Have an issue with an 00 passat Manual transmission vehicle. I am installing a 2w900-s with a manual trans sticker and part number on it. What happens when everything is hooked up it will not go into reservation mode.

Put in neutral, parking brake on, let foot off brake. turn key, then vehicle shuts off like normal. (with door shut)

I tested the parking brake wire, works fine, brake wire works good as well. I tried this with the door sens wire connected, but then I tried it with it disconnected, same issue.

I also tried turning on turbo timer, and turning off turbo timer. (hold the 2 buttons for a second till the parking lights flash to confirm.)

I have installed a compustar in a manual trans car before but have never had this problem.

Any suggestions?

Sierra2700 
Copper - Posts: 117
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 15, 2006 at 4:03 PM / IP Logged  

new development.

Got the brain working fine, need location of clutch bypass wire to hook the "ground out while running" wire too.
I went to the clutch lever, and tacked into the wire that rests at 12volts and goes to ground once you press the clutch,however after hooking it up it does not work, Im guessing I got the cruise control switch.
My only question is, what color or what location can I use to attach the ground out while running wire to? I have a multimeter and I know how to use it...
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 16, 2006 at 1:22 PM / IP Logged  

Look for a relay numbered 53. This is the clutch "starter" relay. Find a RED / black. This will show 12v when you are starting the car. You connect the starter wire from your remote start to THIS, instead of the starter wire at the igniton harness. You DO NOT need the ground while running on the clutch bypass. 

Good luck, I don't like German cars....00 passat with compustar reservation mode -- posted image.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic