icon

CrimeStopper CS-2016 wiring

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jdm_racer 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2006 at 5:37 PM / IP Logged  

i'm in the process of install a CrimeStopper CS-2016. I've installed a couple Viper and Clifford. The wiring of those are much more straight forward and more simple.

The problem i'm having is the remote start. We dont want to use the remote start. We just want to use the basic alarm and keyless entry. So my question is which wires do i leave disconnected?

Also is there a step by step DIY guide for this alarm anywhere? The wiring from this Crimer stopper is WAY more complicated then any DEI alarm i've ever dealt with. any help is greatly appreciated. thanx

xtremej 
Gold - Posts: 1,440
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2006 at 5:55 PM / IP Logged  
I don't know of a diy guide for the crimestopper but if you run into snags post'em up. There are many folks on here that sell/install crimestopper all day long, I am sure they can help. If you are just going to use the alarm functions you can omit the large brown wire, large gray wire, both pink and pink white make sure these are properly capped off just in case someone tries to remote start side of the system. You may be able to remove them from the 6 pin connecotr they are in. Off the top of my head that is all can think of right now, if I think of anything else I'll post it..Hope this helps
mobilesndfx 
Copper - Posts: 49
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2006 at 7:04 PM / IP Logged  
On the 9-pin connector, dont connect the Orange wire. On the 3-pin connector, dont connect the WHITE/ Red wire. And the 6-pin connector, ONLY connect the 2 red wires.
Alpine 9835, MB Quart components, (3) JL Audio 10w3v2, JL Audio 500/1, JL Audio 300/4, Streetwires wiring
rkcstr 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 22, 2006 at 12:33 AM / IP Logged  

I just finished installed the CS-2016FM in my 00 Civic... according to Crimestopper's website, this is how they suggest bypassing the remote start:

Connect the Remote Starters "White" Brake Reset wire to the "Gray" 14 gauge Accessory output wire. Don't connect the "Brown" (start output) or "Pink/white" (ignition output) on the high current plug. The solid "Pink" 14 gauge wire must be connected to ignition. The "Tach" wire can be connected for RPM controlled door locks but isn't necessary. Connect all other wires as needed for the alarm installation.

Unfortunately my door lock/unlock isn't working... I did connect it up to the correct wires and put the diodes in the correct orientation, so I don't know.

rkcstr 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 22, 2006 at 12:37 AM / IP Logged  

if that's difficult to read, here it is corrected:

Connect the Remote Starters "White" Brake Reset wire to the "Gray" 14 gauge Accessory output wire. Don't connect the "Brown" (start output) or "Pink/white" (ignition output) on the high current plug. The solid "Pink" 14 gauge wire must be connected to ignition. The "Tach" wire can be connected for RPM controlled door locks but isn't necessary. Connect all other wires as needed for the alarm installation.

I also mentioned, in case anyone can help, that my door locking/unlocking is not working.  Everything else is fine, but that doesn't work.  I connected it to the correct wires (confirmed on two sites and through the service manual for my car) and put the diodes in the correct orientation.  Any ideas?

jdm_racer 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 25, 2006 at 5:45 PM / IP Logged  

Alright, a little update. If somebody can take a look and tell me what else

I need to do. That would be great.
So, on the 6 pin connector. I wired up the 2 red wires. And nothing else
because seems like the rest went to remote start which I’m not using.
On the 3 pin connector, I wired up the white and black. But not the
WHITE/ red because that went to the tach input
On the 9 pin connector. I didn’t connect any of it except the brone for the
siren
On the 5 pin connector. I grounded the blue wire for the hood pin. And
didn’t connect anything else.
On the 4 pin connector I didn’t connect anything because it seems like that
goes to remote start also
Then the 3 pin connector for the lock and unlock, I wired that up. But I
still don’t know where that red 12volt for relays needs to be connected???
That’s about it. So I have it set up like that. I didn’t put the starter
kill relay in yet.  Wanted to do that last,  want to make sure everything
else worked. But when I arm it and disarm it with the remote nothing
happens. I know for a fact its getting power.

mobilesndfx 
Copper - Posts: 49
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 25, 2006 at 7:00 PM / IP Logged  
On the 5 pin connector, you need to either connect the violet OR the green to your door pins. You may need to diode isolate for each door.
You may not need to connect the red on the door lock/unlock. If you have a reverse polarity wiring or aftermarket set up, you need it.
What 4 pin did you not hook up. Theres the shock sensor, which you need to hook up. And a port for an External Data Bus Module, which you dont need, Im sure.
Alpine 9835, MB Quart components, (3) JL Audio 10w3v2, JL Audio 500/1, JL Audio 300/4, Streetwires wiring
jdm_racer 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 02, 2006 at 9:49 PM / IP Logged  
can anyone else shine some light on this situation for me please? thanx
natsys 
Copper - Posts: 87
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 25, 2006 at 7:31 AM / IP Logged  
As was mentioned before, connect your violet or green wire from the 5 wire connector to your door(s) or you won't have any trigger to the alarm if a door is forced open.
If you don't connect the 4 wire connector (has wire connector at both ends) to your shock sensor the alarm will not go off if the car is struck. The other 4 pin plug between the 5 wire and door lock plugs is not necessary for alarm function only.
By grounding the blue wire you're telling the alarm that the hood is open all the time. If you're not going to bug the hood remove that wire and tape it off. Better still, install the hood pin switch and run the blue wire to it. That way the hood is protected and you can easily program alarm function options which require the blue wire to be grounded to program. This ALONE will cause absolutely nothing to work.
On the doorlocks, you do not, as mentioned, need the red wire if you have - or + door locks--tape it off. What kind of car is this on?
Connecting the white brake wire to the grey accessory wire is unnecessary unless you truly never want it to even attempt a remote start. Unknown what possible side effects that may have.
On the large 6 wire connector, run the 2 red wires to constant current. Run the pink wire to your ignition wire. You must connect this wire or the alarm doesn't know if the car is running or not, and you cannot program options without it hooked up. Also, if you want a starter kill you need to tap into your ignition wire for power to your starter kill relay (86). You then CUT your starter wire and connect one end to 30 and the other to 87a of your relay. Finally, DO use the orange wire of your 9 (my wiring diagram shows 10) wire harness and connect it to terminal 85 of your relay (which provides ground when the alarm is armed.)
Based on what you didn't do, it sounds like you want an alarm that never goes off because you've disabled everything that might trip it.
Make SURE that the antenna is properly connected. Mount the antenna, run the coax wire to the intermediate box. Then run the wire from the intermediate box to the brain. DOUBLE CHECK that last wire. The ends are different colors and must be color coordinated with the plugs they go into or it won't work.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic