icon

Port placement

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
swoolenpuppy 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: September 21, 2006 at 2:54 PM / IP Logged  

I just finished my enclosure of 8 mtx subs. The vehicle is a 2002 denali and the enclosure is vented. I have the vent to the rear of the truck facing up. I am curious to see if I spin the box around and have the vent near the rear seats, would it make a difference? I know that if I push the enclosure all the way to the rear door that it drops a few db's. When I push it cloer tward the front it gains. I am already at 149db and know that it has more potential. I will be upgrading amps soon. I am currently running  4 majestic monoblocks(600rms) to all of the subs. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Michael

Oh and I tried to flip the enclosure up to a wall but its 1.5 inches too tall(dammit)........

Aruman 
Silver - Posts: 363
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 21, 2006 at 7:26 PM / IP Logged  
most of the time subs facing up and port facing the rear bumber give the best result.
what kind of mtx sub you have?
Shaking The Neighborhood
swoolenpuppy 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: September 22, 2006 at 10:51 AM / IP Logged  

My subs are facing up and the port is facint up as well.  The woofers are t5512-04  < =text/>

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic