icon

power windows

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mbsaudio 
Copper - Posts: 80
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2003 at 6:37 AM / IP Logged  

Does anyone have some info on how to go about hooking up power windows via the remote of the remote starter.  I have an Ultrastart 4500XR with five channels.  What I would like to do is use the 4th and 5ft channels to put the windows up and down at will.  I don't want to use roll up modules and was thinking of using a couple of relays.  I'll be putting it into a 98 sunfireGT with only one switch on the center console.

10nesne1 
Silver - Posts: 284
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2003 at 8:17 AM / IP Logged  

Well, you can use the 4th and 5ft channels to roll up or down, but you will need a timer to control it.  It you don't have a timer then you will have to hold it until the window is up all the way or down.  You cannot program the 4th and 5ft channel to latch either because on latched output than it will burn out the motor.  The motors don't know when to stop when its on latched output.  You will have to hookup the relay like 5 wire alternating 12 Volts positive door locks.  You will need 4 relays for 2 windows and 2 relays for up and 2 relays for down.

power windows -- posted image.5 Wire Alternating 12 Volts Positive Door Locks
Like the configuration above, the switch, when moved in either direction, applies both power and ground directly to motor legs  without the use of any relays. Except, at the switch in this case, both motor legs rest at ground . Therefore it is only necessary to change the polarity of one motor leg to lock or unlock the vehicle.

power windows -- posted image.
mbsaudio 
Copper - Posts: 80
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2003 at 2:21 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks 10nesne1.  This model of starter has the option of  pulsed output for 4th and 5th channel.  So I can just hold down the button(s) for as long as I need to put the window up or down.power windows -- posted image.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic