icon

Two Eighteens

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
cloak559 
Copper - Posts: 215
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 23, 2006 at 12:16 PM / IP Logged  
Hey guys, I just got a hold of a '99 2-Door Tahoe this week. I want to put two 18"s in it and punch out some massive numbers. I want to know what you think of my choices.
My first choice is the Fi BTL's. Only about $500 each shipped. Im just curious as to the capability.
My next choice would be some RE MT's. RE has a sterling reputation for some great drivers. Im not sure how much they are, but im pretty sure theyre close to the same as the Fi BTL's.
Then my last choice would be the new TC Sounds TC-5200's. Im more than impressed with the quality and performance of TC Sounds, but the price tag is a bit higher...
So what do you all think? I'll be playing more music than anything, and tuning it around 30Hz...
'89 Mercedes-Benz 300E
Pioneer DEH-5900UB
(2)RE Audio SX 10"s
(1)US Amps MD3D
3ft^3 @ 37Hz
Blowing up in a car accident doesnt worry me, as long as I'm putting out some major dB's when I die...
jeffchilcott 
Platinum - Posts: 2,483
Platinum spacespace
Posted: September 23, 2006 at 1:59 PM / IP Logged  
If your looking for music that gets really really loud I know the RE XXX is absolutly insane as well as the new MX line of subs from RE.
I have heard a Solo X 18 in a very very large box sound very good, was quite surprised and would consider it for myself it I could fit a 10 cu box!
Havent used the TC sounds, but I know alot of the gold and mod's like them, so I would diffintally think they are a very good product!
2009 0-1000 Trunk WR 154.0DB 2009 1001+ Trunk WR
2007 USACI World Champion
2007 World Record
2006 USACI Finals 2nd Place
Aruman 
Silver - Posts: 363
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 23, 2006 at 2:00 PM / IP Logged  

Steve Meade have currently 4 18" FI BTL in his Tahoe, they say that the FI BTL have  the same or more SPL than the MT but with more SQ, they are designed by the same guy anyway,  and plus the FI BTL is cheaper.

don't know much about the TC- Sound.

Shaking The Neighborhood

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic