Copper - Posts: 100
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 25, 2006 at 6:42 PM / IP Logged  
Excelent....thanks
punkbastard 
Copper - Posts: 137
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 27, 2006 at 8:07 PM / IP Logged  

Okay so i got my neons in there and mounted it up on display and it looked like this.

Frosting plexiglas - Page 2 -- posted image.

Pretty cool except that, where the six blue neons obviously lit the sign up blue, everywhere else was a very dim blue or even white because of the frosting spray.  So I decided that I would sand off the frosting spray and do it again except not so heavy this time.  While I was at the store I saw blue translucent spray so I picked that up thinking that I would paint the plexi blue and then do the frosting so I would get the soft light effect and the whole sign would be blue.  This is what that looks like

Frosting plexiglas - Page 2 -- posted image.

Sorry about the cell phone picks, what do you guys think?  I'm thinking that I'll order some led bars instead of using neons and see what that does to get an even glow instead of having such bright areas and if it works, I might get rid of the blue.

xsportguy 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: September 28, 2006 at 3:00 PM / IP Logged  
I would also suggest adding a clear coat over the spray to keep it from smudging in the future. Looks great!
punkbastard 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 28, 2006 at 9:13 PM / IP Logged  

Now, if I did the led strips, could I just place them where the neons are now or will I still see the lights themselves?  Should I place the led bars so that the black vinyl piece will cover them and just let them light the box up?

Its not smudged, its just a horrible camera phone picture.

Melted Fabric 
Silver - Posts: 509
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 29, 2006 at 10:29 AM / IP Logged  
Very nice outcome.
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
When you do not know what you are doing and what you are doing is the best -- that is inspiration.
punkbastard 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 29, 2006 at 8:10 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks man, Im gonna take pictures with a real camera when I'm done with everything.  Right now I am making blakc plexi plates to cover up the orange you can see in the pictures above.  I will post pictures of the completed project as soon as i can
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic