icon

Pain generators and extra siren

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
gakr2000 
Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
Posted: September 24, 2006 at 4:52 PM / IP Logged  
Have done a search and have found basically that i need a relay i got that. I also found that with the relay they will be alittle off sinc. I want to add an additional soft cherp and two pain generators. Couldnt i just disconnect the red wire to my existing siren, use that on the relay and then connect all four siren outputs to the relay to keep them in sinc? Thanks for the help in advance.
bsd1 
Copper - Posts: 62
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 24, 2006 at 6:24 PM / IP Logged  
Yes, use the (+) siren output wire from the brain to trigger pin85 of the relay. Of course, connect all 4 siren to pin30.
But keep in mind, if you also have 520T (backup battery), wiring this way will make all 4 sirens silent when the thief disconnects your battery cable.
Yes, the siren output from the brain will energize the relay, but then your relay itself loses 12V from pin87, thus pin30 gets no 12V(+) output to the sirens.
gakr2000 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 25, 2006 at 6:40 AM / IP Logged  

Wouldnt something like this work?

85 - Ground

86 - red wire from brain going to original siren

87 - fused constant 12V

30 - red wires going to the 4 sirens

Looks feasible but please enlighten me.  I do not have the battery backup BTW.

bsd1 
Copper - Posts: 62
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 25, 2006 at 10:16 AM / IP Logged  
Yes, but even better, swap your 85 and 86.
If you don't use 520T, you should have at least one siren with built-in battery backup. Or else all 4 sirens will stay silent when your battery cable gets cut off.
Usually people installing more than one siren always have some sort of 520T. Otherwise what's the point.
You even can get a 520T to push the alarm brain and another 520T (with at least 7Ah BUB replaced) to drive just your lights/horns/sirens.
Another even better approach is to get an electronic hood lock.
BTW, my plan for my own car is to hook up a train horn and activate it with 528T with a delay. You want 4 sirens to get people attention, train horn could wake up everybody.
gakr2000 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 25, 2006 at 2:24 PM / IP Logged  

Now that i think about it, it would be foolish not to have the battery backup, good call. Train horn.. Yeah, i think that would get peoples attention. Personally i was thinking about setting up some sort of flame thrower that would shoot flames from the bottom sides of my car upwards to deter thieves if they set off the alarm but i am sure it would be hell wiring, not to mention i think some sort of insurance liability.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic