icon

Best Buys drug test policy?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
pimpincavy 
Silver - Posts: 880
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 25, 2006 at 9:02 PM / IP Logged  
I havent posted on here in awhile, but if i remember correctly a few users worked as installers for Best Buy. Well I just applied yesterday and got a call today (new store is going in near me) I have a interview at 11 saturday.
Now my problem is that I smoked weed yesterday (not much me and a friend split a small bowl). I also smoked last wednesday. Im assuming that Best Buy has some sort of drug test that I will have to pass before im hired. Any info on said test would be great, will it be at the interview? Is it a labratory test?
Im not a regular smoker, ive been smoking less than once a week lately and before that it was less. Im thinking of getting a detox/flush kit and using Urinaid. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 25, 2006 at 11:51 PM / IP Logged  
Your busted......good luck. your gonna need it. Do you REALLY think posting this HERE was  a good idea. Do you know how many eyes see these forums.....really man, good luck   Water and lots of gator aid.
spookiestylez 
Silver - Posts: 531
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 26, 2006 at 12:57 AM / IP Logged  

Its a LabCorp test....and since the12volt was recently added to the best buy list of websites available from toolkit , and the amount of BB users on this site ....you might have been better off sticking your foot in your mouth, and not smoking.....go to GNC buy some GHF drink and drink 8 glasses of water before your 3rd interview...and cross your fingers

sS

rtfm
Fastlearner 
Silver - Posts: 346
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 26, 2006 at 1:27 AM / IP Logged  
Well i actually don't agree with it but drink a lot of water. lots of it. Just keep drinking it.
Thack79 
Silver - Posts: 526
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 26, 2006 at 8:53 AM / IP Logged  

haha wow...... just wait it out and quit. lol and if your email is close to your screen name, then change it or dont write it on the application.  haah and if you drive a caviler, park around back.

bryantobando 
Copper - Posts: 64
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 26, 2006 at 11:00 AM / IP Logged  
I didnt get drug tested on my first interview. the bb i was applying for is in NJ.
bellsracer 
Silver - Posts: 703
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 26, 2006 at 12:50 PM / IP Logged  

The tests are random and they tell LabCorp to run 1 of 3 tests. The one you should be most concerned about will be the hair test. They don't look for residue on the surface of the hair but look for specific chemicals inside the follicle. No protein drink or any amount of water will get rid of that evidence. Depending on the growth of your hair and your roots, your hair can still "grow" evidence of weed for as long as 1-2 months after smoking.

The second test to worry about is the blood analysis test. Again they are looking for certain trace elements that can't be covered up.

The urine test can be diluted and detoxed out, but evidence of doing that might show up and they can ask you to come in again and they will try another test. Best thing to do is stay clean and hope for the best really.

I have been told that LabCorp does more tests now in select regions. So beyond the 3 mentioned here, I don't know what else to tell you.

Never send your ducks to eagle school.
The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra.
The 3Ls of life: Learn from the Past, Live for the Present, Look to the Future.
Ctoh 
Copper - Posts: 123
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 26, 2006 at 7:20 PM / IP Logged  
Hopefully the management in the bb you are applying to are reading this, if you actually think its a good idea to post something like this on a 12v forum, the interview should be a no brainer for them.  Get ready to dip some fries!
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: September 26, 2006 at 8:24 PM / IP Logged  
They drug test you in the states when you start? Man I work for Best Buy Corp in Canada (Future Shop) and for the record have never drank alcohol or done any drugs in my entire life and if they came to me and said we want you to take a drug test I think I would be more likely to tell them to take a flying F*** at a rolling donut.
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 26, 2006 at 10:55 PM / IP Logged  
The absolute worst test, and it's the final one if you don't pass the others, is the needle-inserted-in-the-testicle test...also known as NITT.  You only get that if you fail the first ones.  Good Luck!
Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic