icon

New to Best Buy, Advice?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
doibuy 
Copper - Posts: 177
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 27, 2006 at 11:59 AM / IP Logged  
I'm glad to see you BBY honks actually being honest for a change instead of saying that it is the best place in the world to work.  I've worked at BBY and CC and they both have their flaws and perks, it all depends on the people you work with.  I'll give you all a tip, get out of the retail big box if you want to be an "installer" rather than an assembly line worker.   Direct dealer work or smaller, non-big box (CC or BBY) shops without the corporate B/S are the way to go.
1994chevy 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2006 at 12:19 AM / IP Logged  
nouseforaname, D.G .hmmmmm if your who i think you are then youll know me by the last post about the 556u. i left a comment about your statement.
1994 Chevy
philaf 
Copper - Posts: 93
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2006 at 8:23 PM / IP Logged  

best buy blows... but then again, so did circuit.. and so did good guys... and so did future shop... and so did the smaller shops i worked at. every store has it's ups and downs.. you just gotta make do with what you have. but i can definately say that i'd rather have a frustrating job at bby, with benefits and a guarenteed check, than pray for work at a smaller commission place.  been there before and i never want to deal with that again..

as for getting cool stuff in the bay, you just need to know how to talk to your managers. at my store i have a decent tablesaw and a router table... just had to show the managers the benefits of being able to build. first couple customers that walked on an entire system due to not having a 12" truck box took care of that.

of course, there is still a bunch of stuff i'd love to get.. (like having mdf and carpet on-hand for one) but that will come with time. for now i'm perfectly content on running to home depot to get the supplies for each job..

sidenote.. you're sorely missed on tech tips ron (master5).. hope everything is going well for you and yours

mysticsvt 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2007 at 12:37 AM / IP Logged  

nouseforaname wrote:
oh, you'll love the holiday season.New to Best Buy,  Advice? - Page 2 -- posted image. i agree, best buy has no passion for the mobile department like cc. cc having the roadshop is a huge advantage to them. when i was at cc, our salesmen would get in trouble if they even sold a tv. bby's salesmen have to sell home products as well as mobile, and i don't think i have to say which one is more important to them. regardless of what corporate says, mobile isn't even on their mind. i think most stores could care less if they even had an install bay. we have alot of problems with our display boards too, but obviously not important enough to send someone to fix it. man, i'd love to be back at circuit.

Completely opposite for me.  I was at Circuit for over 3 years in the install bay.  You are right about the salemen getting in trouble for sales of tv's and stuff.  But as far as recognition as an installer at Circuit.  Yea right!  They could careless about me.  Now I've been at Best Buy since last Sept. and it was a smart move.  I make more money and actually get recognition here. 

The really funny thing is when I quit CC the S&I manager was like you realize this means the whole Install Bay just  left right?  (I did EVERYTHING) I just told them, they shoulda gave me the raise I wanted.  Best Buy started me at more money an hour and has already given me more since I went to them.

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic