icon

2004 Chevrolet Smart Windows

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
99k1500 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: October 01, 2006 at 8:35 AM / IP Logged  
I am installing Cliffords smart windows 4 in my truck. To keep the length of wire shorter I am installing one smart windows unit for the left side and on unit for the right side (Crew Cab.)
The problem is that there does not seem to be enough power to operate the windows. (they only go part of the way up and have to hit the button several times to go all the way.) I have tried the re-programming I and have only made it successfully through the programming once. By successfull, I mean that the windows went all the way up and down.
I have gone back and used heavy gauge wire for the wire going to the motor side. I have all connections soldered.
I had no problems with smart windows on the Old body style truck. But I am with this newer style. I have a friend that has always had problems with his 2002 Chevy and smart windows
Any tips?
99k1500 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 01, 2006 at 5:50 PM / IP Logged  

I have now tried extra power extra ground... I think the motors just require to much power for this unit.

I have a 530t module?  It indicates that it may send more power than the factory wire.  Can someone with experiance confirm this?  I really like the smartwindows interface but also really like the one touch up and down.

anyway to boost the power in the smartwindows unit???? I am not afraid to modify!

Thanks2004 Chevrolet Smart Windows -- posted image.

dias_ryan 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: October 02, 2006 at 3:08 PM / IP Logged  
can you just run it to a relay?
99k1500 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 02, 2006 at 9:49 PM / IP Logged  

Nope, smart windows does current sensing to stop the windows in the event of an obstruction.  I have run dual 16 guage wire to the window motors.... I think it may have more to do with the size of wire inside the smartwindows unit.    Inside the smartwindows unit they have run what looks like 18 guage or smaller to the relays.....I may yank that out and solder in larger.  I was hopeing for a resistor modification to smart windows to help it out some.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic