icon

2 12's in Rear Deck

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
burbaust99 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: October 01, 2006 at 8:48 PM / IP Logged  
JUst curious as to how this should be done, its just an idea of mine for this summer. I have a 95 Checy Beretta, and ill be putting two 12 inch Eclipse 6123's in.  I just want general info on whats the best way to to do it. Do i sound dampen everything? Do i need to re-inforce the rear deck at all before doing anything? That kind of stuff, plus how the hell do you attach the box for the sub to the deck? Thanks guyz. Austin
jonathancullen 
Silver - Posts: 282
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 01, 2006 at 9:11 PM / IP Logged  

lol, if i was doin this i would use free air subwoofers just because it would be so much easier. other wise i would piece together a box that fits around your trunk beneath the subwoofers. it will take alot of time prolly and will be hard to make. best of luck. a friend of mine has an old mustang and did the same thing, im not sure if he built a box below it or they are free air. ill have to ask him

jettagli03 
Copper - Posts: 311
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 01, 2006 at 10:06 PM / IP Logged  
Just keep in mind that the rear deck plays a big part in keeping the stiffness of the chassis. Reinforcement is a must if you start cutting holes.
aznboi3644 
Gold - Posts: 2,600
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 02, 2006 at 12:16 AM / IP Logged  
Damn unibody construction...lol
shaggy12volt 
Copper - Posts: 164
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 02, 2006 at 1:06 AM / IP Logged  

2 12's in Rear Deck -- posted image.

heres a pic of a 95 Chevy Beretta that i did a long time ago 4 memphis sw10's and i belive it was a 1000d amp on a floating mount. i remebered it was loud as hell thou

The Shagmaster
1999 Chevy Suburban 15" lift sittn on 22's sets 7'5"
1992 Chevy Astro Van all Bagged out Dubbed THE SUICIDER
Installing for over 18 years Looking for empolyment NOW send PM for resum
Aruman 
Silver - Posts: 363
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 02, 2006 at 6:50 AM / IP Logged  

That will take some time for making the box under the rear deck,  like Jonathan said. Why you don't cut a hole in the rear deck and make a box and fire them up or to the rear of the trunk and the bass pass thru that hole, fire them to the rear of the trunk will help the bass resonate and you'll get more bass into the cabin trought that hole.

Shaking The Neighborhood
burbaust99 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 02, 2006 at 7:56 AM / IP Logged  
I just lookin to do something different with my sub setup. So i figured that would be a great way to do it. There arent many people that have "full sized" subs mounted in the rear deck like that, mostly 8's and 6.5 or 6x9's.  So can anyone answer any more of those questions I have, I dont want to rule anything out so info is a must. ~Austin
austincustoms 
Copper - Posts: 232
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 02, 2006 at 9:30 AM / IP Logged  
Yes, you would have to sound deaden EVERYTHING.  Reinforcement really depends on the thickness of the sheet metal.  I would make a 4 sided box that the top sat as flush as possible to the deck and the bottom was open.  Bolt this to the deck from inside the car.  Then from the open bottom, seal and reinforce everything.  If your back seat does not fold down, I would attach it there too.  When that is done, and the subs are in, then you can put the bottom on.
burbaust99 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 02, 2006 at 2:43 PM / IP Logged  
thats a good idea, leaving a part open until everything else is done, i wouldnt have thought of that. What about finishing the top, of it? It would be hard to carpet the piece while it was in the vehicle, the only thing i can think of is to make a cover for it, like a beauty panel on an amp rack, to put on top of the piece the subs are mounted to. That way i could take it in and out easy and the subs would look really cool fluch mounted like that. Any other ideas or suggestions?  ~Austin
jonathancullen 
Silver - Posts: 282
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 02, 2006 at 3:43 PM / IP Logged  

my setup is like what Aruman is describing, but because i wanted to keep my JL 6x9's in the rear deck i took off my back seat and put a vent on it, so its like i have a sealed box inside of a vented box. the bass response will be alot better if you did the same. my plan is to go out into a junkyard, get another seat and experiment by cutting a hole down the center of the seat and roll the fabric back and put a piece of plexy with ports in that hole, then put neon and stuff in the trunk =P. your idea would look cool, i would get a security system if you dont already because people can see them and punks love eclipse.

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic