Keyless Starter, Light Flash no Start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
big-boo 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: October 03, 2006 at 5:21 PM / IP Logged  

Hi i buyed a car Mercury Mistic 1996

it come with a keyless starter, the only thing i know about it its than its write ORBIt on the controller.

All fuse are ok, controller get Battery.

But when i press unlock or lock it work, if i press Start nothing Happen, light flash then close, (i heard a little sound "tick tick" and stop light of the dash close)

I KNOW I ALREADY POST A ANOTER POST, BUT I CAN'T CHANGE TITLE AND THE PROBLEME HAVE A BIT CHANGED BY TRYING NEW THING

SORRY FOR THE DOUBLE POST

THANK YOU FOR ANY HELP YOU CAN GIVE ME.

BIG-BOO

fox55 
Copper - Posts: 56
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 03, 2006 at 7:24 PM / IP Logged  
Did you purchase the car private party or from a dealership? If you don't have much knowledge about remote starts and such, I recommend trying to find the work order for the remote start installation. Most places have a lifetime labor warranty and will check it out.
MECP Certified
Fry's Electronics MEI - Anaheim, Ca
"Kneel Before Zod"
big-boo 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 03, 2006 at 7:52 PM / IP Logged  

i buy it from a private party, and  i think than the last owner buy it with the keyless starter. It mean than its not really possible to obtain this warranty.

I'm sure i'm not the first one with this problem.

I press start, the light flash, i head click click like if it would start then nothing.

lock unlock option work fine. why not the Starter?

I didn't find any switch under steering, i though than it could be the reason cause their is one on my mother car.

is Their  another place where i should look for a switch? or anything that can prevent it to start?

big-boo 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 04, 2006 at 4:11 PM / IP Logged  

Some one tell me than the hood and door have to be closed.

How can he know if it's open or not? And they are close Anyway.

Any Idea

patmar 
Copper - Posts: 69
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 04, 2006 at 8:58 PM / IP Logged  
maybe your units is in valet mode. to remove valet turn ignition on 5 times (on/off). you heard relays (and parking flashing).
big-boo 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 04, 2006 at 10:04 PM / IP Logged  

Do you mean i have to start the car, then stop it, start the car then stop it 5 time?

or just turn the switch?

Sorry i'm speaking french, what is valet mode?

Thank you for your help. i try it when i wake up to go work tomorow.

big-boo 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 10, 2006 at 10:19 PM / IP Logged  
when i press start button light flash 3 times.
Hymer 
Silver - Posts: 695
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 11, 2006 at 8:44 AM / IP Logged  
sound like a hood pin.... oor disable switch..... proobably a hoood pin... look for a little switch somewhere around the perimiter of the hood.. find it and disconnect the wire on the end of it... then try to start withh the remote....
Tire Proz Stillwater Mn
High End Restyling and Comlete Repair
big-boo 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 11, 2006 at 6:38 PM / IP Logged  

i see something like a button in the hood if i close the hood the button is pressed, but it dont seem to work i hink its bypassed its connected directly, should it be conected or disconnected?

now its connected, should i re connect it in case rust cause problem?

Hymer 
Silver - Posts: 695
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 11, 2006 at 9:28 PM / IP Logged  
If it looks like a "factory" switch then look for a wire spliced into it somewhere in the engin bay, mabey in the pass compartment.. cut it and try to remote start the car... if the switch looks like it was added... usually a brass body and a plastic plunger in the center... just pull the wire from that pin switch.. try to RS the car.. usually if the hood pin is grounded the car wont start.... my pressing the hood pin or removing the wire, you remove the ground thus tricking the auto starter into starting with the hood open... The other thing to look for is a smal toggle switch under the dash good guys mount them on the bottom of the dash pannels... other guys zip tye them up to the harnesses under rthe dash.. look for that switch and if ya find it flip it and tryy to rs the car....   good luck....
Tire Proz Stillwater Mn
High End Restyling and Comlete Repair
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic