icon

transparent double sided tape

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
radkonn 
Copper - Posts: 73
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 03, 2006 at 10:32 PM / IP Logged  
I just need a transparent double sided adhesive tape for my antenna. I'm getting intermittent range issues. Sometimes I have to walk all the way up to the car and put the transmitter next to the antenna for it to work. Other times, I can be really far from the car and it works fine. I want to try moving the antena to see if that helps. Any other suggestions....
01 Civic
Autopage 855
spookiestylez 
Silver - Posts: 531
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 03, 2006 at 10:39 PM / IP Logged  

Lowes,Home Depot, or Ace Hardware, I've picked some up from Home Depot, but those other stores has all similar products

rtfm
radkonn 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 04, 2006 at 12:26 AM / IP Logged  
What department would it be in? Also, do you know what else could cause the problem I'm having?
caraudio904 
Copper - Posts: 115
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 04, 2006 at 2:25 AM / IP Logged  
Try replacing the battery if then still not working properly its placed in a bad location. What alarm/model is it?
Southern Stylez
Jacksonville, FL 32218
radkonn 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 04, 2006 at 6:51 PM / IP Logged  
caraudio904 wrote:
Try replacing the battery if then still not working properly its placed in a bad location. What alarm/model is it?
Autopage 855
kristie_jeff 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: October 04, 2006 at 8:19 PM / IP Logged  
I'm curious, where is the antenna module? I put mine just above the rear view mirror and the range is amazing. I have the Autopage 860, so I think they are the same antenna.
Mine runs from behind the radio, across to the left under the steeringwheel, up the A pillar to the roof, then under the headliner over to the mirror.
Since it is such a long run, the cable is fairly stretched out, so that may attribute to my range.
Jeff
captainzab 
Silver - Posts: 606
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 04, 2006 at 11:48 PM / IP Logged  
The best location for the antenna is centered high on either the front or rear
windshield. For optimal range, the antenna should be mounted vertically. It can be mounted horizontally in relation
to the windshield or under the dashboard away from metal, but range will be diminished. Metallic window
tint can also affect range, so this should be a consideration when determining the mounting location.
After determining the best mounting location, follow these steps:
1. Clean the mounting area with a quality glass cleaner or alcohol to remove any dirt or residue.
3. Mount the antenna using the supplied double-sided tape.
4. Route the antenna cable to the control module and plug it into the antenna connector.
IMPORTANT! To achieve the best possible range, DO NOT leave the antenna cable bundled under
the dash. Always extend the cable full length during installation, regardless of the antenna
mounting location.
Antenna wire makes a big difference.
Note: You Always Dont Get What You Pay For.
radkonn 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 07, 2006 at 10:31 AM / IP Logged  
I mounted it on the front windshield (lower driver side). I'm not sure if the wire will reach all the way to the top center of the windshield. I have the exact same alarm in my 01 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab. I mounted the antenna in the same location. It works a lot better in my truck. I'll see if I can run it higher.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic