icon

94 firebird, door locks

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tintman97 
Copper - Posts: 113
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 04, 2006 at 10:15 AM / IP Logged  

Do you have to use the diodes and all that to wake the cpu to unlock the doors on this model.

Snapper

Hymer 
Silver - Posts: 695
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 04, 2006 at 12:20 PM / IP Logged  
Yeah.. a real funky setup (-) lock to lock wire[on car] unlock wire through diode to unlock on car.. off striped end of diode splice a lead to pin 86 on a relay pin 85 & 87 to 12v pin [now cut the lock motor wire tan at the keyless mod] pin 87a to keyless side pin 30 too the other... I thinkk that will work.. there is another relay setup for the old school passkey bypass in my diagram but I dont think youl need it ... may need to send a pulse before to the accy wire att the ign...
Tire Proz Stillwater Mn
High End Restyling and Comlete Repair
tintman97 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 04, 2006 at 9:49 PM / IP Logged  

its a 5 wire system  i know that but dont know if u have to wake the system up to unlock like later models.

Snapper

Hymer 
Silver - Posts: 695
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 04, 2006 at 9:54 PM / IP Logged  
If its got keyless, it should be a (-) puls through that mess I posted earlier.. that would be the wake up I think...I can try to print and scan that diagram tommorow and email it to ya... it's pretty coonfuseing with just words.... (from astro chart)
Tire Proz Stillwater Mn
High End Restyling and Comlete Repair
tintman97 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 05, 2006 at 7:40 PM / IP Logged  

this is strange  very strange.   The car has keyless entry found the keyless module and the wires orange  with black and red with black.  when i test them  show nothing till i hit the switch  then i get 12V?   I have found every where that this is a NEG system when keyless entry is factory and it does have factory keyless.  So after testing with  my dmm i  gave it a 12 volt pulse and nothing?  any ideas  5 wire system without keyless but this has it.  Im stumped.

Snapper

Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 05, 2006 at 8:17 PM / IP Logged  
DEI mentions nothing about needing to wake up the vehicle in the 94 Firebird. They list it as a 5-wire setup with this note: " Non-keyless versions: Use light blue for lock and dark blue for unlock. Both wires are located in either door harness. The passenger switch is the master switch. Keyless versions: Use RED / black for lock and ORANGE / black for unlock. Both wires are located in the passengers kick panel at the keyless entry module. Do NOT use the orange power wire at the keyless module or door lock switch to power your door lock relays. The passenger switch is the master switch."
Hope this helps

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic