icon

winking windows Relays

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
carstereoman 
Member - Posts: 48
Member spacespace
Posted: October 04, 2006 at 10:11 PM / IP Logged  
Roll 1 down, than up, 4 doors, 1 at a time?
master5 
Silver - Posts: 1,123
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 10, 2006 at 2:58 AM / IP Logged  
I think I understand the question if it is one but from the best I can decipher you just need to install any 4 window control module. Basically they will work one winow at a time in that fashion since if all 4 were moving at the same time the current demand is too high. They purposly design them to do one window at a time to prevent that. Now if you are looking to just press one button and have the windows go down one at a time, then up one at a time, one way would be with a timer relay. Once you determine the amount of time it takes for the window module to roll all 4 windows down, set the timer relay a couple of seconds longer, then have it trigger the module to roll the windows back up. simple really.  DEI sells a timer relay that works well but there may be others available. I know the omega 4 window module does one window at a time and I am pretty sure the DEI and others will as well.
master5 
Silver - Posts: 1,123
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 10, 2006 at 3:18 AM / IP Logged  
After re reading I might have gave the wrong advice. I think you want to have a window roll down, then up and have that sequence repeat on the other windows one at a time. If thats the case it's a bit tricker. As my "signature" states I will never say it can't be done to anything. However it might be tough to find the component you need to accomplish this. I am not sure if anyone makes a module to operate just one window but perhaps someone does, for example, a stand-alone sunroof control module. You would need 4 of those. If not you will need 4-2 window modules and just use half of each. Now the tricky part, finding some kind of timer/sequencer that can signal the module to roll back up, then repeat on the process on the other three modules, then shut down. I can't be of much help with finding such a part but I know it's out there somewhere, might take a bit of detective work. If money is no object talk to an electrical engineer as this would not be that difficult of a circuit for an EE to build, and the components needed should be cheap. However, most engineers or someone with the skills to build this don't work cheap. In the best case perhaps someone makes a "programmable" module that can do all this but I have never seen one. Best of luck.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic