icon

Radio Trouble

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
lukeinva 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: October 04, 2006 at 10:32 PM / IP Logged  
Ok so I have an eclipse head unit with an eclipse 8 disc cd changer and sat rec. Installed in a 2006 chrysler 300. Well about a week ago my sat and cd would not work it just quit. This happened to me in my truck also with my jvc unit sat just quit one day I unplugged everything and whamo the sat worked again. I tried this on my eclipse radio and it wouldnt work. The thing that it was doing was the radio still worked but if I plugged the power back into the sat rec box the sound would go away. The radio was still on but no sound until I would unplug the power from the sat. So I take out the whole thing today cd changer and the sat reciever. The radio wouldnt power up so I figured I blew the fuse some how. I changed out the fuse and get this  the radio stays on all the time even with the key taken out of the ignition. So I took the fuse back out and now the radio turns off the correct way. But now I can only get sound out of my sub woofer. NO sound through any of the other 6 speakers!!! It seems like I crossed a wire somewhere but I didnt mess with any wires all I did was disconnect the sat and the cd changer??????? I cant figure it out. I disconnected everything and wired it back up and still nothing. Also the wires kit I have it just a snap and play set up so I am not actually cutting and splicing wires together. So any help would be appreciated it!
jeremey1000 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2006 at 11:15 AM / IP Logged  
Well in this case id do a bench test. If you dont have a 12v supply indoors bypass all of your car wires. Run new power wires from the batt. (just to test) and hook up another speaker thats not already hooked up in the car.
If still nothing, take it in to a repair shop.
Jeremey1000 Has Spoken
soultinter 
Copper - Posts: 170
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2006 at 11:34 AM / IP Logged  
Don't those new chryslers have the can-bus? are you POSITIVE you have the right harness?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic