icon

false alarms, '76 volvo station wagon

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
therealmark 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: October 05, 2006 at 3:39 PM / IP Logged  

I have a '76 volvo station wagon and I live in an area that requires an alarm, really.  However I consider alarms a nuisance at the best of times.  There is nothing worse than an alarm that goes off regularly.  First everyone in my quiet neighbourhood will hate me and second after you've heard it go off about six times in a week you just ignore it- "boy who cried wolf" and all.  So I'm looking for an alarm that rarely and I mean RARELY ever falses.   I'm wondering many false alarm woes are due to a crappy install/setup and how many are due to a crappy alarm design.  I figured an installer forum would be the best place to ask, having seen many different installs and many different products.  

Any opinions on this?  Any products you really like or any tips to make sure it's installed right?

In case it's relevant, I only really want 2 push drivers/all keyless entry and a basically secure simple alarm with no cheesy "vwoop vwoop vwoop de doo de doo de doo" six way siren.  If I can avoid a super complex alarm with a remote the size of a 1988 celphone so much the better, but I'll take complexity if it translates into a smarter alarm in regard to falsing.  I read in someone else's post that there was a good alarm from ultrastart but I couldn't find the model listed on their site.

thanks!  Mark

black cavy 
Copper - Posts: 78
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 05, 2006 at 6:36 PM / IP Logged  
therealmark wrote:

I have a '76 volvo station wagon and I live in an area that requires an alarm, really.  However I consider alarms a nuisance at the best of times.  There is nothing worse than an alarm that goes off regularly.  First everyone in my quiet neighbourhood will hate me and second after you've heard it go off about six times in a week you just ignore it- "boy who cried wolf" and all.  So I'm looking for an alarm that rarely and I mean RARELY ever falses.   I'm wondering many false alarm woes are due to a crappy install/setup and how many are due to a crappy alarm design.  I figured an installer forum would be the best place to ask, having seen many different installs and many different products.  

Any opinions on this?  Any products you really like or any tips to make sure it's installed right?

In case it's relevant, I only really want 2 push drivers/all keyless entry and a basically secure simple alarm with no cheesy "vwoop vwoop vwoop de doo de doo de doo" six way siren.  If I can avoid a super complex alarm with a remote the size of a 1988 celphone so much the better, but I'll take complexity if it translates into a smarter alarm in regard to falsing.  I read in someone else's post that there was a good alarm from ultrastart but I couldn't find the model listed on their site.

thanks!  Mark

Well usally a alarm false alarms  because of un proper shock sensor set-up but door pins can to

black cavy 
Copper - Posts: 78
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 05, 2006 at 6:37 PM / IP Logged  
therealmark wrote:

thanks!  Mark

Well usally a alarm false alarms  because of un proper shock sensor set-up but door pins can to

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic