icon

Compustar alarm problems

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
grtn316 
Member - Posts: 44
Member spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2006 at 10:02 AM / IP Logged  
I installed a compustar 2wss-as in a friends truck about a month ago and recently the the alarm just started going off. When I put the key in the on position the alarm stops going off. When I try to start the truck it just grinds the starter. When the key is not in the on position the alarm just continues to go off. I pulled the main power wire fuse until I could get around to fixing it. This was 2 weeks ago. Apparently this morning it started going crazy again...this is kind of random since the main power fuse is taken out. I guess its getting power from the secondary power wire.
Anyone have any ideas whats going on here? Is there a way to reset the brain?
thepencil 
Gold - Posts: 1,526
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2006 at 11:18 AM / IP Logged  
"Apparently this morning it started going crazy again...this is kind of random since the main power fuse is taken out."
With the main fuse pull out, I don't see how the alarm unit will still function unless you have a shorted wire somewhere.
Be careful whose advice you buy, but be patient with those who supply it.Compustar alarm problems - Page 2 -- posted image.
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 22, 2006 at 11:23 AM / IP Logged  
Year make and model of vehicle needs to be posted....
grtn316 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2006 at 12:13 PM / IP Logged  
thepencil wrote:
"Apparently this morning it started going crazy again...this is kind of random since the main power fuse is taken out."
With the main fuse pull out, I don't see how the alarm unit will still function unless you have a shorted wire somewhere.
I agree..the owner of the vehicle said it went off. Now he actually says the "lights flashed" Anyways, I just went ahead and totally disconnected the brain.
Its a 95 gmc sierra.
grtn316 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2006 at 7:33 PM / IP Logged  
I'm working on a 95 gmc sierra. Either the brain is defective or I wired something wrong. Here is the problem:
When I push a button on the alarm remote, the alarm goes into panic mode unless i turn the key to the "on" position (then it turns off panic mode). With it in the "on" position, I can use the buttons on the remote (most of the time). I also noticed that with the key out the LED is solid blue.
Any Ideas whats going on here?
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 25, 2006 at 9:54 PM / IP Logged  
Wire/FunctionCM3000ColourLocation/DescriptionPolarity
 12 VOLTS RED (CN1) Red Ignition harness  
 IGNITION GREEN (CN1) Pink Ignition harness  
 IGNITION 2 GREEN (CN2) + Relay Pink/white or White Ignition harness  
 ACCESSORY WHITE (CN1) Orange Ignition harness  
 STARTER YELLOW (CN1)  Purple or Yellow Ignition harness  
 KEY SENSE  Lt.green Ignition harness  
 TACH SIGNAL YELLOW/BLACK (CN3) White At coil on engine  AC 
 LOCK BLUE/BLACK (CN4) Lt.blue In driver's side door boot  Rev Pol 
 UNLOCK BLUE (CN4) White or Black In driver's side door boot  Rev Pol 
 DOORPIN RED / WHITE(-) or RED(+) (CN3) Purple At light switch harness  
 BRAKESWITCH LT.BLUE/WHITE (CN3) White At switch above brake pedal  
 PARKLIGHTS GREEN / WHITE (+) (CN1) or (-) (CN2) Brown At light switch harness  
 HORN WHITE (-) (CN5) Black At steering column harness  
 DRIVER WINDOW UP  Dk.blue At switch in driver's door  REV POL 
 DRIVER WINDOW DOWN  Brown At switch in driver's door  REV POL 
 PASSENGER WINDOW UP  Blue or Blue/white At switch in driver's door  REV POL 
 PASSENGER WINDOW DOWN  Tan At switch in driver's door  REV POL 
 HEADLIGHTS  Yellow At light switch harness  
 REVERSE LIGHTS  Lt.green At steering column harness  
 DIMMER  Lt.green or Gray At dimmer switch harness   
 VSS WIRE  Brown At ECM under right side of dashboard   
 DATABUS INTERFACE  Pin-2(top row from left) Diagnostic plug below dash  DATA 
Check your connections...something is NOT rite..!
grtn316 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2006 at 12:45 PM / IP Logged  
Few Questions:
1) Does the starter output wire belong on the starter or key side? I have this on the starter side.
2) Everything worked correctly for a few weeks before this issue started. Could a relay just be bad?
3) When I pull out all of the fuses to the alarm I cannot start the truck. Is this normal?
grtn316 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2006 at 12:49 PM / IP Logged  
grtn316 wrote:
2) Everything worked correctly for a few weeks before this issue started. Could a relay just be bad?
To add to this, everything worked correctly except that the truck had to be disarmed to remote start it. If it was armed, it would not remote start. The fuel pump and such would kick on but not the starter. At this time the starter output wire was on the ignition side.
grtn316 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2006 at 1:04 PM / IP Logged  
Totally forgot about this thread. Sorry Admins ;)
Anyways, I'm guessing the starter relay is backwards which should solve the starter problem but what about alarm going off when getting any signal from the remote without the key in? I mentioned above this was not a problem till recently. The only problem was the remote start. So could wires still be backwards?
grtn316 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2006 at 4:59 PM / IP Logged  
Alarm LED is solid blue with key out. Alarm LED is off with key in the "on" position. I now have the siren disconnected. With the alarm enabled and the key out it the LED shows solid blue and flashes even brighter. If the key is in and the alarm is armed it will flash between blue and clear.
I also noticed that the parking lights will stay on when i arm the alarm unless i put the key in.
The wires look good to me. What would a grounding issue look like?
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic