icon

sub output vs regular output

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ammay415 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: October 07, 2006 at 7:39 PM / IP Logged  
I have 2 options to wire rcas to my amplifiers.
1: run f&r rcas from the head unit to the 4 channel amp, then use the amps non fading preamp outputs for the sub amp.
2: run f&r rcas from the head unit to the 4 channel amp, and run rcas from the sub output of the head unit to the sub amp.
I thought the sub output from the head unit is just a volume control to be adjusted by the head unit. I dont want to control it, I want it full blast all the time. Would there be any differences or advantages between the two methods of wiring? I am planning on #1. Thanks!
ammay415 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 07, 2006 at 8:15 PM / IP Logged  
Ok I gave too much info.
Should the sub amp be hooked up to the head units subwoofer output, or the amplifiers non fading output?
I will never need to adjust the sub level.
aznboi3644 
Gold - Posts: 2,600
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 08, 2006 at 12:57 AM / IP Logged  
If the deck has a sub output why not use it...just set it and don't ever touch it...same as never needing to adjust the sub level
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,674
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 08, 2006 at 1:27 AM / IP Logged  

aznboi is so right   why not run the patch cord from your deck and do it right,   Then when you realize that all the way up is not neccessarily the right attitude for your hearing,  you will be set and can turn it down a little.  LOL

kirktcashalini 
Silver - Posts: 492
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 08, 2006 at 9:57 AM / IP Logged  
yeah, do you ever plan on having a girl in the car with you?   If not then do it your way. If so, they tend to like a "tid" cough less bass then "all the way up".
99 Blazer LT.   Yellow Top. Big 3. Infinity Kappa Speakers All Around. Jensen CD/DVD flip out. 2 Infinity Kappa Perfect 12DVQs powered by a Alpine PDX600.1 (in one custom box, building a FG box)
ammay415 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 08, 2006 at 10:18 AM / IP Logged  
[QUOTE=kirktcashalini] yeah, do you ever plan on having a girl in the car with you?   QUOTE]
My wife - I have a cut off switch for the sub amp but I turn it on when she just keeps blah-blah-blahing
So you guys are saying that using the sub out off of the deck is the more popular way to do it?
coppellstereo 
Silver - Posts: 785
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 08, 2006 at 11:47 AM / IP Logged  
of course! Using the subwoofer out will actually give you control of the subwoofer!
Now you can get rid of that switch!
what kinda HU is it?
kirktcashalini 
Silver - Posts: 492
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 08, 2006 at 12:24 PM / IP Logged  
Ok, I didnt know you did a cut off switch, thats a good idea, I have contemplated doing one on mine as well, but I have an easy knob to turn it down easy.
99 Blazer LT.   Yellow Top. Big 3. Infinity Kappa Speakers All Around. Jensen CD/DVD flip out. 2 Infinity Kappa Perfect 12DVQs powered by a Alpine PDX600.1 (in one custom box, building a FG box)

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic