icon

fosgate dvc12's navigator

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
navion20is 
Member - Posts: 37
Member spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2003 at 8:04 PM / IP Logged  

i was planning on making a custom sealed box for my fosgate 12's punch dvc 800w peak each

probably a 99' model maybe 2000

i need some feedback on how many sq ft per woofer do i need i also wanna know whats the best position to put them behind my third row seat (facing up or down) and should i make the speakers tilt just a bit?

and also can you tell what kind of wood you would recommend for me to use

?
wvsquirrel 
Gold - Posts: 1,237
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2003 at 10:57 PM / IP Logged  

Without the model number is hard to say exactly, but every 12" DVC model RF sub I found said 1.25 cubic feet.  The only '99 or '00 12" DVC that I could find with a peak of 800 watts was the Punch HE2 DVC, 4 ohm coils, model RFP2212, 2000 manufacture.  This was one of the one's that I mentioned before stating 1.25 cubic feet per sub for a sealed enclosure.  Here's the manual... http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/library/2000/5_Subwoofers/LIT10683_DVCwoofers_MAN.pdf

This manual covers 12 different RF subs, so make sure you looking at the right specs for your sub!

I can't help much on the design, it's usually trial and error finding the best design for each car, and your own tastes.  Obviously a rectangle design is the easiest to build, but you still have to account for the volume that bracing and the sub take up.  The 1.25 cubic feet is after these have been subtracted from the total volume.  I use 1/2 or 3/4 MDF for the enclosures.  Anything less and you have to use a lot of bracing because the wood actually produces a harmonic (vibration) that sounds terrible.

Squirrel
"No more Cpt. Kirk chit chat"
If its too loud, then you're too old
Donate to the12volt.com
navion20is 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2003 at 12:42 AM / IP Logged  

i was also gonna ask if the woofer is close to the back of the box in the inside but had alot of room around the woofer and had 1.25 cubic feet as you mentioned would it still sound right

?
navion20is 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2003 at 12:42 AM / IP Logged  
it's actually older than the "h" sereis it actually says dvc on the woofer
?
wvsquirrel 
Gold - Posts: 1,237
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2003 at 1:05 AM / IP Logged  
Does it give a model number somewhere on the coil itself?
Squirrel
"No more Cpt. Kirk chit chat"
If its too loud, then you're too old
Donate to the12volt.com

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic