icon

Factory Car Stereo Removal

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tcss 
Silver - Posts: 1,623
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 09, 2006 at 6:54 PM / IP Logged  
Don't know if anybody has ever gone to this sight but it's pretty cool if your in a pinch and stuck on time.I had a 2001 Lexus IS-300 that I needed to pull the stereo out for repair tonight. Completely blanked on the pull. For $5 this sight nailed it. I'm making $100 on the repair so it was worth it. Check it out.
There is no such thing as free installation!
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 09, 2006 at 7:31 PM / IP Logged  
Bob,
is this the site you're referring to: http://www.carstereohelp.com/stereoremoval.htm
or is it something else?
My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
tcss 
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 09, 2006 at 7:35 PM / IP Logged  
I think it's the same site. Have you used them before?
spookiestylez 
Silver - Posts: 531
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 09, 2006 at 8:25 PM / IP Logged  

Wow, for ONLY $12.99 I can get all the guides for my truck, from radio removal-to doing speakers!!!!

what a jip, for the same price you could go down to the auto zone and pick up a full book on yor car, unless you had something crazy.Honestly (IMO) you shouldnt be installing something you cant figure out how to get toFactory Car Stereo Removal -- posted image.

rtfm
jettagli03 
Copper - Posts: 311
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 09, 2006 at 10:28 PM / IP Logged  
amen spookie.
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 10, 2006 at 12:12 AM / IP Logged  
spookiestylez wrote:

Wow, for ONLY $12.99 I can get all the guides for my truck, from radio removal-to doing speakers!!!!

what a jip, for the same price you could go down to the auto zone and pick up a full book on yor car, unless you had something crazy.Honestly (IMO) you shouldnt be installing something you cant figure out how to get toFactory Car Stereo Removal -- posted image.

Wow...
Dude, chill... BAD mojo in a comment like that. ANYBODY can need help once in a while. Bob happens to own a great little store, and he has awesome installers and fabricators... I've seen some of the cars that people in the San Luis Obispo area trust to Bob's shop. Hell, I trusted him with mine!
Could you get the stock deck out of an IS300? If you've never removed one before, I doubt it... My brother works for Toyota, and he OWNS an IS300 (the same year), and the TOYOTA dealer had to order the manual from the Lexus dealer across the street to remove the stock stereo system... Would you be willing to break the VERY expensive plastic parts on an IS dash? Didn't think so.
Think about what you're saying before you say it.
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
BulletTooth 
Copper - Posts: 122
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 10, 2006 at 2:41 AM / IP Logged  
When I did my first IS, it was nothing a little common sense and brains couldn't solve, especially if you've done other Lexus cars before. I think it's rediculous that a Toyota dealership couldn't do the job...I think they need to refresh their staff and get some real professionals who have brains instead of people that can only work off manuals-anybody can do that.
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 10, 2006 at 6:16 AM / IP Logged  

Bob,

I've never used it, but I've linked people to it before.

Bob didn't say he wasn't capable of figuring it out, only that he was short on time.  His work speaks for itself.  Look at Dave's door pods.

I remember a shop I worked at a while back tried to remove the deck in a new Range Rover.  They basically disassembled the dash and never got the radio out.  I never got a chance to try though.

My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
tcss 
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 10, 2006 at 2:21 PM / IP Logged  
David and Geep thanks for getting my back. I'm not even going to address the others because obviously they didn't read the entire post. Once you pass 28 years in the business and over 40,000 cars done you can get back to me.
Flakman 
Copper - Posts: 365
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 10, 2006 at 2:48 PM / IP Logged  
A very respected member of this forum, and someone with more experience installing than all of the people jumping on his case put together, getting crapped on for mentioning that in a pinch and pressed for time this site helped him out. I think you guys need to come back down to earth. No one, not the moderators, senior members...or even haemphyst knows everything. If you seem to think you do, this isn't the forum for you.
The Flakman
I feel strange. I have deja vu and amnesia at the same time.
John | Manteca, CA
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic