the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

07 SS Trailblazer, Viper 5900, avoid cut wires?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
drober30 
Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
Posted: October 10, 2006 at 8:08 AM / IP Logged  

I have a 07 SS Trailblazer and want to have a Viper 5900 installed. Does the installer have to cut wires?

I just don't like the idea of my new wiring harness being cut. I own the truck not leasing.

Aside from soldering, what is the best way to make connections? I have seen where they clip a connector on a wire and that connector then allows for a "plug in" connection. I was hoping for an adapter like the ones used for an after market HU.

I have had installs where they cut, strip, twist and tape the wires together and I just don't think that’s a professional connection.

It's so hard to find a true professional who will take the time and do a clean, no short cut install.

xtremej 
Gold - Posts: 1,440
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 10, 2006 at 9:03 AM / IP Logged  

Any and all answers you receive will be opinions and this is mine. A pro will solder the connections in, there is nothing that needs to be cut in your tb. They are quite basic to work on. I solder as many connections as humanly possible some love scotch locks, t-taps or just twist the wire and tape the connection I don't. I warranty my work for the life of the vehicle, I have never had to repair a connection. The clip on connector you speak of is a t-tap they will work if used properly however they are not recomended and they do inherently cut some of the copper stranding of the wire.

drober30 
Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
Posted: October 10, 2006 at 9:30 AM / IP Logged  

Thank's for taking the time to reply!

That's good news that none of my wires need to be cut. I can see where the teeth of the T-tap would sever some of the stranding of the wire.

If none of my wires need to be cut, how are the connections made?

xtremej 
Gold - Posts: 1,440
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 10, 2006 at 9:37 AM / IP Logged  
You strip off a 1/4" of insulation and wrap the wire around it then solder then tape with good tape super 33+.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic