icon

non standard stereo wiring, BMW

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
f16_steve 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: October 10, 2006 at 1:53 PM / IP Logged  
Hi there, I bought a second hand BMW about 6 months ago and 2 weeks ago bought a new car audio system. I removed the old audio system fine. The previous owner upgraded the CD player in the car before and what seems to have happened, insted of just converting the bmw iso lead to a kenwood connection. She seems to have rewired the whold car for a kenwood system. What I am looking to find is a cable that will allow my standard new audio system to plug into my kenwood wired car. The car should have come with a BMW radio connetion but it has been changed completely. Thanks if anyone can shed some light on my situation.
Steve
BulletTooth 
Copper - Posts: 122
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 10, 2006 at 4:26 PM / IP Logged  
If you have a kenwood plug left in the dash then just cut it and connect your new plug from the radio you are trying to install. Most stereos use standard color coding so it should be a fairly simple job.
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 10, 2006 at 6:12 PM / IP Logged  
If you do this, do not cut the whole plug off at once or you'll blow a fuse or two.
My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
Flakman 
Copper - Posts: 365
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 10, 2006 at 6:51 PM / IP Logged  

geepherder wrote:
If you do this, do not cut the whole plug off at once or you'll blow a fuse or two.

I remember when I was younger (or young I guess) stripping phone wires with my teeth while it was still connected. Nothing like -48V to the teeth. Good thing nobody was calling at the time...that would have been -90V. non standard stereo wiring, BMW -- posted image.

The Flakman
I feel strange. I have deja vu and amnesia at the same time.
John | Manteca, CA
vbel 
Copper - Posts: 246
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 11, 2006 at 12:15 AM / IP Logged  
It's really not that hard to wire your hu without any connectors. Strip, twist, isolate, you're done.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic