icon

97 villager keyless entry

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
albl 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2003 at 6:38 AM / IP Logged  

i still need more help with door lock wireing.the wireing info that was posted for me stated that there is a single blue (-) wire that catches all doors i don't understand how to hook up a lock and unlock wire from my new remote combo start / keyless entry control unit.

can someone help me?????????

albl
Wolf-tech 
Member - Posts: 26
Member spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2003 at 8:55 AM / IP Logged  

Can you be more specific with your problem, I am a slow typer.

Dave

albl 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2003 at 9:49 AM / IP Logged  

the wireing info says to use the blue wire there are two wires to conect to it the question is how do i conect two wires to one wire?

albl

albl
Wolf-tech 
Member - Posts: 26
Member spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2003 at 10:53 AM / IP Logged  

i think there should be a grn/wht and grn/ org wires for lock and unlock in that vehicle (drivers kick) neg.

97 villager right?

Dave

albl 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2003 at 11:02 AM / IP Logged  
not when it has a factory keyless entry those wires are used on non keyless entry models
albl
albl 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2003 at 8:10 AM / IP Logged  

can anyone tell me how to hook lock and unlock wires to the one blue wire (-) going to mod.

can any one help me?????????????

albl
10nesne1 
Silver - Posts: 284
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2003 at 11:45 AM / IP Logged  

Wondering, does your vehicle comes with factory power door locks or not?  Does your vehicle has OEM keyless entry or not?  Do you have to install aftermaket door lock actuators?

97 villager comes with a negative trigger for door lock system.  Your Remote Starter or Alarm system comes with two wires are Green and Blue colours.  It should connect to the Villager without hooking up relays.  If your vehicle required more than 200miliamps than you will need to hookup a couple relays to do the job.

3 Wire Positive Door Locks
This is one of the most common type of door lock switch configurations found in most vehicles. In most cases you will not need to add relays for this type. Most of the newer alarms and keyless entries on the market today have both positive and negative 200 ma door lock outputs that are usually capable of activating the factory relays. Should you need to add relays for a "3 wire negative" door lock system, just change both normally open terminals (87) from 12V(+) to ground. If your alarm or keyless entry has positive outputs only, you will have to connect the other side of the coils to ground  and connect your outputs as shown. The lock and unlock wires below refer to the switch leads, not the motor legs.

97 villager keyless entry -- posted image.
Follow the digram above to change positive trigger to negative.  All you need to do are ground both pin 87.  It will change to negative trigger.

OR....

If you have to install aftermarket Door Lock Actuators than follow the diagram below.

97 villager keyless entry -- posted image.Actuators / Reverse Polarity
This is practically identical to the 5 wire alternating 12V(+) system above. The only difference is there's no switch! Both motor legs rest at ground at the relays. To lock or unlock the vehicle, polarity is changed on one motor leg.
97 villager keyless entry -- posted image.
Good luck
albl 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2003 at 1:04 PM / IP Logged  

My car has factory keyless entry i'm trying to install a combo remote start / keyless entry all wireing info i've found calls for green / white wire(-) for lock and green / orange (-) for unlock my car doesn't have these wires the are for a non keyless entry car i'm trying to find out what color wires to look for on a keyless entry car (1997 merc villager)

thanks 

albl
10nesne1 
Silver - Posts: 284
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2003 at 1:22 PM / IP Logged  

Well,  your vehicle has factory keyless entry.  If you can't find those wire and you can take the driver's door panel apart and run the wires from the switch to the alarm, is it? (1997 merc villager)

Mercury

Villager

1996-1998

Alarm and Keyless  Entry Wiring Colors and Notes

Function

Vehicle  Color

Constant  +12 Volts:

WHITE/ PURPLE

IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS

Starter  Kill:

RED & WHITE/ BLUE

IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS *, **

Ignition  +12 Volts:

BROWN

IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS

Dome  Lights/Superv:

RED / BLACK (-)

IN 2-PIN CONNECTOR IN CENTER CONSOLE

OEM Horn:

BLACK (-)

STEERING COLUMN HARNESS

Power  Lock:

GREEN / WHITE (-)

DRIVER'S KICK PANEL *****

Power  Unlock:

GREEN/ ORANGE (-)

DRIVER'S KICK PANEL *****

Trunk  Release:

N/A

Alarm  Input Wire:

RED / BLACK (-)

IN 2-PIN CONNECTOR IN CENTER CONSOLE

Notes:

GREEN / WHITE and GREEN/ Orange are the door lock wire and you might have to look harder.  Or go to the door lock switch.  Good luck
albl 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2003 at 1:59 PM / IP Logged  

I've pulled door lock switch these are the the colors at the switch but the wires coming out of the door do not match i need to know what color wires to look for in the door harness .

thanks 

albl
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic