the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Viper 791XV program remote

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Walkercustoms 
Copper - Posts: 219
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2006 at 12:44 PM / IP Logged  

I bought a new remote for my Viper and I can not figure out how to program it.  I tried to follow the instructions and nothing is happening.  I also unplugged the antenna for a day thinking it just needed to be recycled.  That still did not work.  I have the new remote with the black program button on the back and when it tells me to go to number 1 for auto I do not see any numbers on the remote.  I have had to jump the car off in the past and need to know what other troubleshooting steps and can do to make sure the brain and everything else is working.  Also, the shop that installed the alarm did not install the valet button.  I have had a problem in the past where it would go into valet mode and I just had to open a door and hit the buttons and it would come out and it would work fine.  I was unable to buy a new remote for a while after mine took a crap.  I just want to see if there is something else that could be the issue before buying a new antenna if that is not the problem.  Is there a way to test the system with out the remote?  I know that sounds stupid but just want to know.

Thanks

kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 13, 2006 at 3:32 PM / IP Logged  

open drivers door, press the push button valet/programming switch one time, then press and hold it in... the LED should flash once.. press button one on the new remote, then press it a second time... the siren should chirp once to acknowledge that it's programmed....

you NEED the programming push switch in order to learn a new remote...

Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic