AX901 same as AX900?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 18, 2006 at 7:43 AM / IP Logged  
I am pretty sure you'll be fine.
Does your AX-901 have the 4-pin telematics port? If you are not familiar with what this port looks like, look at the back pages of the install manual, with the wiring diagram, and make sure it has it.
The plug is the same shape as the 3-pin doorlock harness, with two of the corners cut off at an angle, except it has 4 pins instead.
As far as I know, Audiovox only seems to have one type of telematics module---- The Carlink CL100 and Pursuitrak PT100 are idtentical.   Should work an any Audiovox product with the telematics port (including Code Alarm).
The piece you're looking to buy is the CL100, right?
They sell another piece, the CAUXGM or something like that.......but all that does is enable the CL100 to be used with other brands of alarms, or with your factory keyless entry..........it is not what you need, and it is of no use without the CL100 connected to it.
cntrylvr79 
Silver - Posts: 582
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 18, 2006 at 11:18 PM / IP Logged  
Yeah it'll work the same.  Did you happen to still have the wireless programmer that audiovox shipped us?  If you do, that thing makes programming the 01 SO much easier.  By he way got the same system in my car, nice little beasty.  And the remote is ALOT more durable than an dei lcd i've seen.  A year or so later and my lcd still works like a champ.
Cause I'm So white and nerdy...
First Class Certi-fried installer

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic