icon

autopage rs860, 2001 ford ranger

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bailee 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: October 18, 2006 at 10:41 PM / IP Logged  

I was given a autopage rs860 remote start  an i am going to install it my self.  I have a skytek rs5000 installed in my 2001 ford ranger already, dont like it very much remotes breake to easy already replaced remote 2 times and cost way to mush could have  put another alarm with i paid for the remotes. What i need to know is will i be able to use the same wires that the  rs5000 is wired to not the wiring harness on the alarm but the wires that it is connected to on the truck. I know that there will be a little more  wiring with the new alarm. I have had some experience with auto wiring, so im not worred about doing it my self. thanks

Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 19, 2006 at 6:47 AM / IP Logged  
The color codes from the Scytek to the Autopage are going to be different, but the wires that were interfaced in the vehicle will be the same. Get yourself a wiring chart for the vehicle and verify all circuits with a DMM prior to connecting but the job should be very easy considering most if not all wires have already been found.
Hope this helps
bailee 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 19, 2006 at 8:35 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks, twelvoltz
black cavy 
Copper - Posts: 78
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 19, 2006 at 11:15 AM / IP Logged  

yeah unless its the same company it won't plug in

i have the 860 and love it,just to let you know it eats batterys so if you were a work shirt keep one in there.

the 2 other things i dislike is the illution doesn't light up the remote automaticly when you push a button and the brain is so big.

bailee 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2006 at 6:34 PM / IP Logged  
Hi I was trying to install a autopage 860 on my 2001 ford ranger, i have a galaxy 5000rs that i am replacing. i connected the wires like the install manual said almost the same as the galaxy some differance. but i cant get the remote start to work. i can start my truck with a key i made with out the transponder in it but when i try the key with the transponder it wont start. i took both keys and disconnected the bypass module and both keys worked like thay are ment to and the key with out the transponder did not work. also my inside light wont come on when i open the door like it used to, only when i put the key in the ign. and then it takes it forever to turn off. what am i missing.
bailee 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2006 at 10:15 AM / IP Logged  
Hi  got the unit checked, bad brain. called autopage thay sent me a new unit in two days. put the new unit in now it works great.
bailee 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2006 at 11:37 AM / IP Logged  
I have a autopage 860 and i wanted to set it for time start in the mornings. i did what the book said, but when i press the set and then the remote start button it wont set. the clock icon wont show onthe lcd. di i have to program the brain ? what am i doing wrong. thanks
lamikela1 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2006 at 2:45 PM / IP Logged  
Are you able to remote start manually? If so you need to set up the start time. Here's a couple of items in the manual. Once you do this you should be able to enable daily timer start.
Daily Timer Start: The feature is very useful for the driver who wants to run the vehicle punctually at the same time next morning. Before set-up of the “Daily Timer Start”, you should set you time for engine start.( see Timer Setting / Timer set-up for “Daily Timer Start,
Time Set-Up For “Daily Timer Start”: Example to AM 6:30
1. Press & hold the SET button for 3 seconds, with two-melody sound and the “Hours” digit flashes for adjusting.
2. Press & hold the UNLOCK button for 2 seconds, the LCD screen will flash CLOCK/RUN icon and “Hours” digit for Hour set-up.
3. Press the * or TRUNK UNLOCK button to decrease or increase the hour digit until AM 6:00
4. Press the SET button once again then the minute digit flashes.
5. Press the * or TRUNK UNLOCK button to decrease or increase the minutes digit until AM 6:30
6. Press the SET button for 2 seconds with one-melody sound to confirm exit the timer program mode.
bailee 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2006 at 8:33 PM / IP Logged  
Hi I have done this befor but nothing happned . time goes by and no start. is there to be a clock icon on the screen when it is set. how do i turn the start timer on is there somthing else i have to do. It starts if i push the button. im lost please help.
bailee 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2006 at 9:12 AM / IP Logged  
Hi I got it to work. thanks for the help.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic